The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

5 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Very appropriate especially given this movie was filmed in the beautiful BC interior west of Williams Lake.

plus the northmen won at the end of the day against overwhelming odds

Edited by grumpyone

Having a good vibe about tonight. Win or go home game. Game 7. What more can you ask for.. hope the boys continue to play the way they have been during the last couple of games. Get Vegas on their heels early and get a elusive first goal of the game. Always sets the tone for the game. Hope Demko continues his fine form between the pipes and the team continue to play their game. 2-1 Canucks win. Petey and Toffoli with the goals. GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Having a good vibe about tonight. Win or go home game. Game 7. What more can you ask for.. hope the boys continue to play the way they have been during the last couple of games. Get Vegas on their heels early and get a elusive first goal of the game. Always sets the tone for the game. Hope Demko continues his fine form between the pipes and the team continue to play their game. 2-1 Canucks win. Petey and Toffoli with the goals. GCG!

yeah. If we can score first, Vegas is going to $&!# a brick. Even without the first goal I think they're going to be overly aggressive and expose themselves. We saw that in the latter half of the third period for sure. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Very appropriate especially given this movie was filmed in the beautiful BC interior west of Williams Lake.

It was filmed mostly in Campbell River. I worked as an extra and in the accounting department. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Vegas is trying to pick their spots and are missing. Reality is they hit 3 posts and missed mega opportunity on lose pucks infront of Demko. Bad bounces are haunting them.

Van scores the 1st goal and watch out. There are any number of forwards on the canucks who could walk away with the game. Demko kinda reminds me of Dryden's first CUP run when he squirreled out the Bruins. Canucks score early and Vegas could be beaten mentally. To the final Four. Go Canucks!!!! 

Yup

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

It is not tampering when you are in charge of the referees. The league creates the rules and trains the referees how to interpret them. They do all this in the public with the general consensus of the GMs. That is what the league does. There is no person in the shadows pulling their strings.   They do it right out in the sunlight. 
Refs work in those guidelines but obviously sometimes have some degree of bias. It is impossible not to. They also need to know who has a tendency to step over the line as part of their job to manage them as well. 
Professional wrestling was never real. It has never been a competition, it has always been more circus than competition.  That isn’t criticism it is just what it has always been.  Wrestling is a completely different thing and is very much still a real, thriving competitive sport. 

So what does "game management" actually mean?  People like to throw that around as an all purpose excuse/rant/explanation, but what does it really mean?  Can anyone explain?  To me it means meddling with the perceived "entertainment value" in order to sell the game to non-hockey fans in order to increase revenue.  And how else do they achieve that in any significant way other than messing with the officiating?  I used the wrestling comparison not because it is exactly the same but I still think that it is an apt analogy; pro wrestling style refereeing is the end result if you let that kind of thing go unchecked.  It's not just Canucks games, I've been watching other games too and the refereeing is woefully inconsistent.  Either NHL referees are absolutely incompetent or there is something fishy going on.  And "game management" seems to be at the root of it but I don't really know what that means.  Does anybody?  Go Canucks Go!