Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hey, Walmart anti masker:

image.png

Thats still one of my fave Bieksa moments. 
 

I miss the Bieksa Thread. Those were good times. I never faltered in my man-crush then and never will. One of the highlights of my life was speaking to him at Pearson Int’l, after the Nucks were kicked out of the playoffs. 
 

What a decent and salt of the earth guy he was/is. Will always hold him up as one of my top 3 all time fave Nuck. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Things are getting hot in Alberta concerning leaks on rumors of Jason Kenney has overruled Dr. Hinshaw 

 

 

Amazingly the same Albertans that cheered Wilson Raybould for recording those private conversations between her and the Trudeau cabinet are now pissed off that someone would dare do this...

 

They're the same people that cheered after the UCP took away the right to strike, right to assemble, and right to deny infrastructure projects on your own land; but are now claiming mask mandates are in fact a loss of freedoms...

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tystick said:

I'll go with the extremely good odds that are in my favor, versus the fraction of a percent that I might die.

I don't live my life in fear.

You're afraid of a mask, a vaccine and basic rules to protect people though

 

Hmmmm

  • Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tystick said:

So I can't gain natural immunity with my immune system? I MUST take a vaccine?
What's the science behind that?

Strongly suggest you go to any ICU where people are infected with Covid, lying on their stomach and being intubated and ask to be infected with it.  That way you can waive your right to medical care and build your immunity.

 

problem solved :) 

  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amebushi said:

OK, now for a real scenario. Imagine not being able to visit your otherwise “spry” grandmother when she decides to kill herself rather than be locked down again. 
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/national/health/2020/11/19/1_5197140.html

I get the need to protect people, but there is a point where it’s going to far. I for one would rather accept some risk (not fighting over masks, sanitizing etc) close some non essential things as needed but will fight for my right to see my family. Too far in either direction is simply wrong. 

You’re for taking the risk of seeing your family but you want mandatory masks in schools?? 
 

You’re the type of person/mentality that brings the virus into schools. Socializing outside of schools is what is brining the virus into schools. 
 

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BPA said:

Putting on my conspiracy hat...

 

Maybe they want that to not pay overhead costs for operating a school.  Maybe reduce amount of teachers in AB.

 

Cuz AB is looking financially bad.  Didn't they lay off a whole bunch from the health sector?  This may be a cost saving solution to them.

Or maybe Alberta cares about the long term health of their students....  or maybe Alberta realizes the kids are bringing  Covid home and infecting parents and grandparents...... spreading covid throughout their communities......   or maybe because Alberta has decided to follow current research / SCIENCE>.....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Strongly suggest you go to any ICU where people are infected with Covid, lying on their stomach and being intubated and ask to be infected with it.  That way you can waive your right to medical care and build your immunity.

 

problem solved :) 

The fact that he thinks his natural immunity can protect him from a coronavirus is laughable. I mean that’s the stupidest and simultaneously most hilarious thing I’ve read all day, and I read Donald Trump’s latest press briefing. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Or maybe Alberta cares about the long term health of their students....  or maybe Alberta realizes the kids are bringing  Covid home and infecting parents and grandparents...... spreading covid throughout their communities......   or maybe because Alberta has decided to follow current research / SCIENCE>.....

Or maybe Alberta was so behind the curve that they had to enact such stringent measures. Btw, Premier Kenney has been interfering with Dr. Hinshaw which has led to their exponential Covid cases. Talk about an anti science govt. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am more concerned with when we get our Vaccines, than any petty squabbles, that are promoted on here

 

That is where my focus is now..........it is not that we know when they will be ready

 

But why we are not first to get them, or why we do not have a company manufacturing in Canada

 

These are questions that are so important and far greater in their impact, than KOS complaints

 

The past and present Federal Governments have let us down, and now we have to wait

 

I totally find it funny that KOS is slamming a provincial health employee, instead of talking about the Federal Liberals and Conservatives miss-management

 

We should never have been placed in this position

 

 

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

More than many. 

I do agree that schools aren't a major mode of transition, yet, but you can thank the school staff for that........admin, counsellors, teachers, EA's, custodians (especially custodians) who are stretching themselves past the breaking point to keep this all together, on top of educating.  However, as winter moves on, there will invariably be more and more cases and those people it all together are going to start to crack and when that happens it's going to get ugly.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The fact that he thinks his natural immunity can protect him from a coronavirus is laughable. I mean that’s the stupidest and simultaneously most hilarious thing I’ve read all day, and I read Donald Trump’s latest press briefing. 

I 100% agree that younger healthier people stand the greatest possible chance of surviving.

 

They also stand the highest chance of holding on to potentially life long issues and side effects that we don't completely understand.

 

I just feel that the whole "herd immunity" statement is being suggested by people who will not put themselves at risk to put their money where their mouths are

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re for taking the risk of seeing your family but you want mandatory masks in schools?? 
 

You’re the type of person/mentality that brings the virus into schools. Socializing outside of schools is what is brining the virus into schools. 
 

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. 

And you are the person that can’t hold a civil debate. I don’t bring the virus anywhere. I’m sitting in my house alone and annoyed. I wore a mask at work all day because I don’t want a fine. I am for the risk of seeing my family because they are what is important to me. If I can’t see my family why the hell can kids go to school???  I want fairness across the board. Why do some have to give more than other “for the greater good”?  You spout your beliefs without a single source as if you are the holder of all facts. Take your holier than thou crap and shove it. I want to protect all people equally. I wear a mask and follow the rules. Why don’t others?  Why don’t kids have to wear masks in schools?  Try answering a question for once instead of standing on a soapbox. More than many...how many more case in schools before it matters to you?  Why is it ok for men’s hockey to be going on right now? I thought you were scared for our elders but gosh...gotta have hockey. I’m sick of one sided arguments. The rules as they sit make no sense and any rational person can see that. Keep making personal attacks and tell me what kind of person I am. I follow rules I don’t agree with for the greater good while you preach about how good you are. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

And you are the person that can’t hold a civil debate. I don’t bring the virus anywhere. I’m sitting in my house alone and annoyed. I wore a mask at work all day because I don’t want a fine. I am for the risk of seeing my family because they are what is important to me. If I can’t see my family why the hell can kids go to school???  I want fairness across the board. Why do some have to give more than other “for the greater good”?  You spout your beliefs without a single source as if you are the holder of all facts. Take your holier than thou crap and shove it. I want to protect all people equally. I wear a mask and follow the rules. Why don’t others?  Why don’t kids have to wear masks in schools?  Try answering a question for once instead of standing on a soapbox. More than many...how many more case in schools before it matters to you?  Why is it ok for men’s hockey to be going on right now? I thought you were scared for our elders but gosh...gotta have hockey. I’m sick of one sided arguments. The rules as they sit make no sense and any rational person can see that. Keep making personal attacks and tell me what kind of person I am. I follow rules I don’t agree with for the greater good while you preach about how good you are. 

Restrictions, masks etc etc are all there in an effort to keep schools open, make sure hospitals have space, and keep people as safe as possible.  They will do everything they can to not close schools again

Edited by stawns
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am more concerned with when we get our Vaccines, than any petty squabbles, that are promoted on here

 

That is where my focus is now..........it is not that we know when they will be ready

 

But why we are not first to get them, or why we do not have a company manufacturing in Canada

 

These are questions that are so important and far greater in their impact, than KOS complaints

 

The past and present Federal Governments have let us down, and now we have to wait

 

I totally find it funny that KOS is slamming a provincial health employee, instead of talking about the Federal Liberals and Conservatives miss-management

 

We should never have been placed in this position

 

 

Exactly this. We'll be waiting for weeks, months, while other countries are getting vaccinated, and Canadians will continue to get sick. Heads should roll federally for this major blunder.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Exactly this. We'll be waiting for weeks, months, while other countries are getting vaccinated, and Canadians will continue to get sick. Heads should roll federally for this major blunder.

on the flip side, we'll also.have a month or so of watching to see if there's issues.  Canada also was smart to get access to many vaccines, rather than just one of two that might be domestically produced.

 

I don't get the uproar about not being equipped to produce vaccine........believe it or not, we are not a major player on the international scene.  We might be a month or two behind, but we'll get it.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, stawns said:

Restrictions, masks etc etc are all there in an effort to keep schools open, make sure hospitals have space, and keep people as safe as possible.  They will do everything they can to not close schools again

They will do anything not to close schools. This includes spreading misinformation about the spread of disease in schools, refusing to put anything about cases in schools on the news and also blaming teachers for anything bad that happens in schools. I am all keeping hospitals from being overloaded and saving lives, but please tell me what open schools do to save lives?  How does free daycare prevent the spread of this disease?  I don’t expect a response as I haven’t had one yet. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SNuck locked and unlocked this topic
  • SNuck featured and pinned this topic
  • SNuck unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...