The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

46 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

The things you will do to get upvotes… 

No I don’t work for free because I don’t have too; but at the same you don’t see me profiting off people’s deaths or misery like big pharma traditionally does.

Your notion these companies deserve the profits they get is almost as delusional as anyone who thinks mixing vaccines is good or getting more than the recommended two doses of vaccine. 

Less is more not the other way around same goes with profits of mega greedy pharmaceutical corporations who serve the interests of themselves before everyone else. 

While I don’t deny big pharma is profiting from the vaccines now, their future is bright as MRNA technology is already  moving to treatments for other genetic and infectious diseases. People with these diseases will be eager and grateful for MRNA treatments unlike those who are not yet directly affected by Covid. For some it will be too late.

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

We can’t force them to get a jab.  We can prohibit them non essential activities if not vaccinated.  We can also impose further COVID protocols for the unvaccinated.  And no, it isn’t a god given right to attend a hockey game at Rogers.

Yes but for how long? Like forever? 
The virus isn’t going away anytime soon nor are the unvaccinated getting the vaccine. 

What is the point of voluntary vaccination if you’re going to essentially handcuff people into getting one? You don’t even see this stuff happen in dictatorships. 

I would only support this tactic in covid hot spots like Florida or Texas not somewhere like BC that has low cases. 

56 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

The virus isn’t going away anytime soon nor are the unvaccinated getting the vaccine. 

What is the point of voluntary vaccination if you’re going to essentially handcuff people into getting one? You don’t even see this stuff happen in dictatorships. 

I would only support this tactic in covid hot spots like Florida or Texas not somewhere like BC that has low cases. 

You do realize HOW places get to be hotspots, right?

Once they are, you're way behind.  So it makes sense to nip things in the bud to PREVENT this from becoming a hot spot.  To be proactive rather than wait and address a serious situation.

Also...hypertension is detected and monitored using a cuff, not blood work.  Your blood work can be perfect but that doesn't mean you don't have hypertension.

People can choose whether or not to be vaccinated...they just can't choose where they enter, etc. if they decline.  No shirt no shoes no service.  No vaccine is now to be added to that.  

The point of voluntary vaccination is you can decide on that aspect of things.  But that doesn't mean you get unlimited access to places where you could pose a risk to others.  

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

If an area is already considered a "hot spot" it's too late - people are already getting admitted to hospitals and ICUs. Public health measures are always more effective when they are implemented proactively, not reactively.  Unfortunately, throughout this pandemic, a lot of people don't seem to be able to get a grasp of the situation until they see hospitals at max capacity and healthcare professionals pushed to the brink of being completely overwhelmed.

And please, for the love of god, cut the crap with the dictatorship comparisons. You don't need to politicize a public health crisis. Follow the science, not the "what ifs" and slippery slope fallacies. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

You do realize HOW places get to be hotspots, right?

Once they are, you're way behind.  So it makes sense to nip things in the bud to PREVENT this from becoming a hot spot.  To be proactive rather than wait and address a serious situation.

Also...hypertension is detected and monitored using a cuff, not blood work.  Your blood work can be perfect but that doesn't mean you don't have hypertension.

People can choose whether or not to be vaccinated...they just can't choose where they enter, etc. if they decline.  No shirt no shoes no service.  No vaccine is now to be added to that.  

The point of voluntary vaccination is you can decide on that aspect of things.  But that doesn't mean you get unlimited access to places where you could pose a risk to others.  

2 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

If an area is already considered a "hot spot" it's too late - people are already getting admitted to hospitals and ICUs. Public health measures are always more effective when they are implemented proactively, not reactively.  Unfortunately, throughout this pandemic, a lot of people don't seem to be able to get a grasp of the situation until they see hospitals at max capacity and healthcare professionals pushed to the brink of being completely overwhelmed.

And please, for the love of god, cut the crap with the dictatorship comparisons. You don't need to politicize a public health crisis. Follow the science, not the "what ifs" and slippery slope fallacies. 

I can assure you my blood work and blood pressure is fine :) not that I don’t know why three posters have mentioned medication and supporting big pharma.

Well thankfully no member on CDC is in charge of public health measures… Strip one right for another? Favour one person over the other? What is this a two tier society… 

In eyes of human rights we are equal. 

I hope that none of this will be implanted in BC at least on a mass scale maybe some private sectors but not to the degree of NYC. 

It is nice that provinces have the final decision on vaccine passports not federal government… 

This idea has already been shutdown in Ontario and Alberta and hopefully in BC. 

This public health crisis should politicalized as we have seen some poor and excellent decisions.

5 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

I can assure you my blood work and blood pressure is fine :) not that I don’t know why three posters have mentioned medication and supporting big pharma.

Well thankfully no member on CDC is in charge of public health measures… Strip one right for another? Favour one person over the other? What is this a two tier society… 

In eyes of human rights we are equal. 

I hope that none of this will be implanted in BC at least on a mass scale maybe some private sectors but not to the degree of NYC. 

It is nice that provinces have the final decision on vaccine passports not federal government… 

This idea has already been shutdown in Ontario and Alberta and hopefully in BC. 

This public health crisis should politicalized as we have seen some poor and excellent decisions.

It's like drunk driving,  why should the cops stop drunk drivers if they haven't killed anyone.  I'm allowed to drink, I'm allowed to drive why should the government tell me my blood alcohol level? 

I should be allowed to drive as waisted as I want, the government stripped me of my freedom.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DS4quality said:

It's like drunk driving,  why should the cops stop drunk drivers if they haven't killed anyone.  I'm allowed to drink, I'm allowed to drive why should the government tell me my blood alcohol level? 

I should be allowed to drive as waisted as I want, the government stripped me of my freedom.

This like comparing apples and oranges.. they are both fruits but so different in colour,taste, etc..

No one is disputing drinking and driving as being bad and a known killer of people with the chance of fatality going up with every increase of blood alcohol level. 

But with this virus and vaccine there many factors to how one could contract it/spread it. 

Your notion that only a unvaccinated person might spread COVID 19 and kill someone is incorrect as a vaccinated person could also unknowingly do so. 

Part of my argument in this particular matter is there should be no consequences for being unvaccinated when the law clearly states it is voluntary to get one. Is it a issue of ethics? certainly but I am just going by what the rules and regulation state. Just like the law says don’t drink and drive period;  I checked everywhere and it doesn’t say no vaccine means you’re not welcomed… nor does it say unvaccinated = killer.  

People should not be excluded or handcuffed nor should  society be divided up in a two tier system. 
From seeing the response by the federal government and certain provincial ones this seems to be the case. 

The private sector has the right to make their own decision, but they should weigh both sides before making a decision…

Edited by drummer4now

6 hours ago, drummer4now said:

Part of my argument in this particular matter is there should be no consequences for being unvaccinated when the law clearly states it is voluntary to get one. Is it a issue of ethics? certainly but I am just going by what the rules and regulation state. Just like the law says don’t drink and drive period;  I checked everywhere and it doesn’t say no vaccine means you’re not welcomed… nor does it say unvaccinated = killer.  

People should not be excluded or handcuffed nor should  society be divided up in a two tier system. 
From seeing the response by the federal government and certain provincial ones this seems to be the case. 

The private sector has the right to make their own decision, but they should weigh both sides before making a decision…

thats obscene. You do not have the right to make someone else sick. 

You want the law to work one way. Only the choice of the unvaccinated seems to carry weight in your argument. Thankfully it doesn't work that way. Yes, you have a choice to not get the shot.

But others have the right to not be subjected to your health decision. You can't have it both ways, everyone gets choice or no one does. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats obscene. You do not have the right to make someone else sick. 

You want the law to work one way. Only the choice of the unvaccinated seems to carry weight in your argument. Thankfully it doesn't work that way. Yes, you have a choice to not the shot. But others have the right to not be subjected to your health decision. You can't have it both ways. 

Wait, are you suggesting some form of criminal punishment for those who do not get vaccinated?

Just now, falcon45ca said:

Wait, are you suggesting some form of criminal punishment for those who do not get vaccinated?

depends on what they do. 

A little while back, there was some unvaccinated idiot with measles, who knew their condition, walking through a paediatric ward in the valley. People like that should be locked up. 

If we had some similar unvaccinated person with covid going into long term care homes, yes that person should be locked up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

depends on what they do. 

A little while back, there was some unvaccinated idiot with measles, who knew their condition, walking through a paediatric ward in the valley. People like that should be locked up. 

If we had some similar unvaccinated person with covid going into long term care homes, yes that person should be locked up. 

Was that person locked up?

I know of a dentist who was HIV positive who knowingly infected patients, he got jail time. 

6 hours ago, drummer4now said:

This like comparing apples and oranges.. they are both fruits but so different in colour,taste, etc..

No one is disputing drinking and driving as being bad and a known killer of people with the chance of fatality going up with every increase of blood alcohol level. 

But with this virus and vaccine there many factors to how one could contract it/spread it. 

Your notion that only a unvaccinated person might spread COVID 19 and kill someone is incorrect as a vaccinated person could also unknowingly do so. 

It's about eliminating the odds.

There ARE many factors of how one can contract/spread it....but a driving force right now is in the unvaccinated.  So it makes sense to get everyone vaccinated and reduce the odds.  You don't go "oh well, stuff happens".  You do everything in your power to prevent it from happening.

You don't say "oh well, we'll go drive drunk because some people are going to crash anyhow".

No shirt, no shoes, no vaccine...no service.  That's the right of business owners too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

Was that person locked up?

I know of a dentist who was HIV positive who knowingly infected patients, he got jail time. 

not sure, I'll see if I can look up where it all ended up.