The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Don't worry and mark my word - Green is an interim coach and will NEVER take us to the cup.  This has been obvious since he arrived here as an inexperienced rookie NHL coach.  When the time is right - likely in about 2-3 years we'll have a veteran NHL coach (and especially new special teams coaches) lead us to the cup finals once all of JB's bad contracts are burnt up and our top prospects are at peak. Until then, we'll likely just have to continue the suffering - mainly due to all the BAD JB contacts that have hog tied this team. 

Most bad contracts come off this post season 

we need to be ready now and not ruin our young further 

3 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

And whose fault is it that we are at the cap ceiling with a mediocre roster?

I disagree with your premise. 

Bailey, (whom I like but isn't in the linup), Boeser, Ferland, Hoglander, Horvat, Miller, Motte, Pettersson, Sutter, Virtanen, Benn, Edler (even though I don't personally like him), Hughes, Joulevi, Myers, Schmidt, Holtby

THat is 16 players that are arguably together, above mediocre by a fair margin. If i go look at the minors i could find another handful to round out a team. Demko is good too, but listing him as good with this particular game is a losing argument, haha...

So yeah, we are 2 and 3 to start the season, looks likely to be 2 and 4, but stranger things have happened in the third, right? No waiving the towel just yet. 

I honestly believe folks who are freaking out right now will be in stunned awe in the 22-23 season. It takes games like this in every players history to build the guts to get to game 7, SCF, 2011. 

; )

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Sounds good. I could benefit from seeing someone get beaten horribly. 

Normally, I am hopong for an opponent player to get beaten. Tonight, there are a few of our own guys that deserve that treatment.  Its a stretch to call these guys NHLers with the kind of uninspired, error-filled hockey they are playing

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Ok you just confirmed your hockey knowledge 

yet another coach warrior that cant skate judging hockey talent 

let you educate you , hogs has played arguably flawlessly thus season 

I do have to agree with you. Despite Hogs not putting up points, he is doing alot of other things correctly. He has speed and skills. Give him some time and we'll judge then. 

1 minute ago, b3. said:

We have had some bad luck with our big defensive additions..

Garrison, Gudbranson.

Schmidt is a good player, as we saw against Vegas. He is a bit of a one man show here currently.

He came from one of the best puck possessions team in Vegas to one of the worst, last season. 

His defensive play was bound to drop a bit, playing on a weaker team.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

It's okay. We gave Tampa our 1st last year, we have it this year. Redeeming way to end a possible poor season. Some strong defenders like Owen Power and strong forwards like Keevin Pominville in the upcoming draft so stay positive folks! There's optimism at the end of the tunnel 

just no more defense

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The ironic part is we thought Tanev was the injury prone one.

Three of our D dropped in less than two games.

I used to blame a lot of that on the schedule/west coast travel, but now that there's more travel parity than ever before, I just can't explain why we're so cursed.