The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, TVAS, SN, CITY

Rate this topic

-SN-

17 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Goal called back.  Petey hits a post and misses on open net.  What a year.

Were we mass murderers in another life?  

Is this some sort of payback?

COVID's not enough??....here...you know that game you love so much?  While you're stuck inside we're gonna gift you with a game EVERY OTHER NIGHT.  Except...you're gonna lose them all.  Badly.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

23 minutes ago, -Stammer- said:

yall are talking about how Marky covered our issues but i don't remember the defence being THIS bad. It wasn't great but it wasn't offensive to the eyes bad

Yes, yes it was. The difference was that teams weren't as familiar with the Canucks breakout (or lack there of) so the Canucks spent more time in the O zone. Now with the mini-series schedule teams have more time to make adjustments and they've all got the book on the Canucks as Green has been doing the EXACT same thing every game for 4 years. Now you're noticing the poor defensive system more because the team is playing the whole game in their own end.

2 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Is he legit? I know you can't teach size, but big D-men haven't exactly set the world on fire in Vancouver lately.

Oh yeah. 

2 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Maybe Jim has a deal involving Jake and juolevi lined up thus the scratches

Possible. 

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Is he legit? I know you can't teach size, but big D-men haven't exactly set the world on fire in Vancouver lately.

He's legit.   Hardest working player on his team - and apparently already thinks and plays the game years ahead of where he should.  Rare for an 18 year old. 

25 minutes ago, TheCustodian said:

I agree there seems to be something systemic that is wrong with the team at this point; they are for whatever reason ridiculously under-performing with the same coach and same system.

The people at the top must answer for this. There is no explanation for the difference between the playoffs and currently; I don't care what players we lost.

Maybe that playoff run convinced them that they're better than they really are and don't have to work for it.  They'd never admit it, but it would explain most of what appears to be wrong.

• Cheers 1