The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 8, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The team came out fairly flat for the first 50 mins of the game, poured on the pressure in the final 10 mins to tie it. Most of those posts, and near misses happened within those final 10 mins. As John Garrett said at the beginning of the third period...scoring chances were in favor of Montreal 7-4.

When you play 1/6 of the hockey game like you care, no you don't deserve the win.

The fact is Demko held them in it until the rest of the team woke up. That is not by my definition a deserved win, rather Demko stole us a game. 

Can’t really argue your take. I’m sure you’ll be as quick to declare the next “undeserved” loss with the same clarity and energy. Right?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Why don't coaches ever say " we crushed them or those guys looked slow and weak" when talking about the opposition why always praise them? Inauthentic to called every team "good" cause they aren't.

It's called sportsmanship. Besides, Montreal ran us out of the building earlier this year, so they're not awful. Besides that, with a young team, by praising the team you just beat makes your guys feel like they have accomplished even more.

Wow, I didn’t even know Guadettes goal was in until I saw the slow-mo replay. What a laser! Finally one went in! Hopefully more to come now!

Montreal play such an intense fore check it discombobulates our D. This is where pre game scouting and game system adjustments are critical if we want to have success. Let’s hope the coaching staff is up to task (insert Green/Baumer roast here)

Bending, not breaking.....

Go Canucks!!!

23 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

7 year rebuild?

How long did the Blackhawks take?

Panthers?

Avalanche?

I can’t  get over the accepted losing culture 

3 year rebuild. Apparently management doesn’t want to admit to the re-tooling era

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

Wow, I didn’t even know Guadettes goal was in until I saw the slow-mo replay. What a laser! Finally one went in! Hopefully more to come now!

Montreal play such an intense fore check it discombobulates our D. This is where pre game scouting and game system adjustments are critical if we want to have success. Let’s hope the coaching staff is up to task (insert Green/Baumer roast here)

Bending, not breaking.....

Go Canucks!!!

Montreal is one of those big and heavy teams, and obviously, they are a good team over there.  

It's shaping up to be a magical March. We're 4-1 so far. Demko has allowed just 4 goals in those 4 wins. We have a pretty reasonable schedule in March. So there's no reason we can't ride Demko in the rest of the games this month except on the b2b. The D is looking solid. And scoring has not been a problem this season (4th in GF in NHL). I think there's a real possibility of going on a winning streak and making the playoffs.

• Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Uh oh guys Green said “that’s a good team over there”

Ever just think it’s a cliche and a simple answer when you get asked the same questions every fricken day 

Ummm, no it means he's the biggest a$$hole in the entire world. :lol:

:picard:

• Haha 2