The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 20, 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

52 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Why is nobody talking about Hogs.

Goals and assist everywhere. The little engine that could. 

And for those asking about Jake playing, ask Nylander.

With Horvats line now obviously carrying the mail, if that keeps up for the rest of the year Hogs will get Calder votes ...  He hasn't padded his stats with PP points like most of the leaderboard. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

I think Hogs gets plenty of love in these boards. There's not a fan who hasn't admired his effort and tenacity game in and game out, even though he didn't score.  His 3 goals in his last 3 games are his coming of age party. And we love him even more. He's going to be a special one.

And the timing for a pick to make the top six, perfect. Next up, hopefully Pods will work his way into the top six. 

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

I think Hogs gets plenty of love in these boards. There's not a fan who hasn't admired his effort and tenacity game in and game out, even though he didn't score.  His 3 goals in his last 3 games are his coming of age party. And we love him even more. He's going to be a special one.

You're right about these boards, it's probably the only place where he's gotten his due recognition for his key contributions to the team. I should've rephrased as I feel people on most of social media and other digital outlets don't really seem to recognize the season he's having so far. Either way, we're very lucky to have him and as you noted, his play in the recent games has been huge in getting us these wins

• Like 1

Great win!

Important win!

Exciting game!

Holtby became better and better.

Hughes looked he played the best game this season.

Pearson scored twice to give a return to GM for the extension contract.

Highmore, Vesey and Boyd add the speed to the team.

Final, Rittich is so so so good for Canucks.

8 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Great win!

Important win!

Exciting game!

Holtby became better and better.

Hughes looked he played the best game this season.

Pearson scored twice to give a return to GM for the extension contract.

Highmore, Vesey and Boyd add the speed to the team.

Final, Rittich is so so so good for Canucks.

Vesey has never been a fast player.  6 games in, hes barely done anything.  Cant see him sticking next year.  I liked Highmore today.  Seems quick and tenacious.  Dont know much about Boyd but i guess hes okay on the 4th line for now.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 13231 said:

You're right about these boards, it's probably the only place where he's gotten his due recognition for his key contributions to the team. I should've rephrased as I feel people on most of social media and other digital outlets don't really seem to recognize the season he's having so far. Either way, we're very lucky to have him and as you noted, his play in the recent games has been huge in getting us these wins

To paraphrase Pearson, "he's the real deal". So much for running into a wall, re: playing more games than he would in the SHL.

8 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I’m sure there’s some people thinking we should sweep the Sens I don’t think it’s gonna be that easy.

No, I don't think it will either. those guys play hard every night,  think they're going to be really good in a couple of years if they keep on the path they're on.

Batherson is one of my favourite players. Stutzle is a stud too. And Tkatchuk is...well..he's better than his brother.

• Like 1

Couple of weak goals on the Laffers so I'm not getting overly excited. 

I don't watch the Laffers much but I have questioned how well their defense would stand up to CUP play. Goaltending is a obvious problem. 

Positionally I thought the Canucks were pretty good last night. Liked Highmore's game. It looks like Jimmy might have stole another good one from the Hawks. 

4 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Why is nobody talking about Hogs.

Goals and assist everywhere. The little engine that could. 

And for those asking about Jake playing, ask Nylander.

Absolutely loving Hogs... Now we see why Benning put his foot down when Brackett didn't want Hoge :lol:

I see lots of Datsyuk in him - even tho Datsyuk didn't play in the NHL at Nils age... Pavel debut at 22... Had about 35 points in 70 gp but only 6 in 21 playoff games that year. I don't rmemeber him at all from the epic 2002 series when our boys took on Goliath 

Lots of people say Elias comp is Datsyuk... But that makes no sense. All they have in common is both Europeane guys on skinnier side that are highly skilled 

Elias is taller... He's blonde... And Pavel didn't remotely play at Peteys level at this age. 

Heck Hoglander night surpass Datsyuk even given how studly he's already proving to be at 20 years old... 

It's as if whatever king benning touches turns into gold :gocan:

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, 13231 said:

I feel like Hogs doesn't get enough appreciation across the fan base. What a year this guy is having. So stoked to have him on the team. His timely offensive output and tenacity is what wins you playoff rounds, and he's just 20 years old. Love the kid

I think we just got a little spoiled with Boeser, Petersson and Hughes.  He won't be top 3 in Calder voting but he is probably the 4th best u20 rookie we've had in the last 20 years.  Petersson, Hughes, and Horvat would be the only ones above him?  Unless I am missing someone?