The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l May 1, 4 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Then you pump his value and trade him for a 3c, not a 4th line lw

But Highmore is a tenacious gamer. Essentially this team could end up being Bo, Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, and a whole bunch of Mottes. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

But Highmore is a tenacious gamer. Essentially this team could end up being Bo, Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko, and a whole bunch of Mottes. 

Then good luck being competitive for a cup.

Highmore has shown pretty much nothing of substance so far. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Newsflash

we were dead in the water prior to the Covid outbreak 

but lets keep finding excuses to help us rationalize losses and pathetic play ….. all season 

sure can’t be on the coaching staff though 

You either have an agenda or comprehension issues or both.

Contributing factors are not excuses. Obvious trolls are the ones who will not take in to account anything but their strawmen factors.. coaching ufas etc.

58 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Disagree. Three top centers are essential to being a contender. Teams with only two good lines are road-kill in the high paced game of today. 

I agree but that doesn’t mean you draft them top 5.

We have much more need for a winger. Miller can always play center.

Petey

Bo

Miller

Edited by DeNiro

35 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Then you pump his value and trade him for a 3c, not a 4th line lw

Easier said than done.  First off, there are not many 3C's available on the market that are even an upgrade on Sutter.  Secondly, Gaudette would not command that type of a return.  At the end of the day a 3rd round pick would have been nice.  But it probably wasn't on the table.

• Vintage 2

7 hours ago, Slegr said:

This is quickly becoming one of my least favourite seasons as a fan. I’ve watched this team intensely since 1990. Even the dark days of Keenan and Messier had some redeeming qualities. 
But this one has been hard. It’s magnified to me by the fact we play the teams I hate most - Toronto and Calgary - so many times, and competing in the same division in a year that we’ve taken a big step backwards. Covid, injuries, losing players to free agency, seeing those same players grill us regularly, watching Toronto media go ape-crazy over their team, and now the dark cloud over Virtanen. Plus, dear God, somehow Erikkson is still on this team and could show his face again before the season is done. 
It’s almost too much. 
But I’ll keep watching, and hoping that things get better. Because that’s what fans do.

could be worse slegs, try since 1974, and never had we built a team before this, it was sell the farm.. year and year after year..  all for the win it all now club and never for the future, finally I hope it's f'n over.. yes it requires patience as it get finished but to tear it all down again and sell everything yet again would be catastrophic and I'd finally quit watching, got tired of the soft seasonal team that got nowhere from lack of depth, that's been the hardest to watch of all... at least Gillis and MG tried to get us there, another team like the wimpy soft ones we've had would be horrible but most fans actually want that, sure let's fire JB and get back to that, that was so much fun wasn't it? FFS, people can be stupid, how tiring can it get already? geez.. 

The root of all our problems is Aqua's refusal to spend money outside of the players.

He reportedly wanted the leanest front office and the cheapest gm and coach combo leading us to rookies after rookies in the coaching and management positions. 

We ain't going anywhere until Aqua start spending on non cap related expenditures.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

could be worse slegs, try since 1974, and never had we built a team before this, it was sell the farm.. year and year after year..  all for the win it all now club and never for the future, finally I hope it's f'n over.. yes it requires patience as it get finished but to tear it all down again and sell everything yet again would be catastrophic and I'd finally quit watching, got tired of the soft seasonal team that got nowhere from lack of depth, that's been the hardest to watch of all... at least Gillis and JB tried to get us there, another team like the wimpy soft ones we've had would be horrible but most fans actually want that, sure let's fire JB and get back to that, that was so much fun wasn't it? FFS, people can be stupid, how tiring can it get already? geez.. 

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Easier said than done.  First off, there are not many 3C's available on the market that are even an upgrade on Sutter.  Secondly, Gaudette would not command that type of a return.  At the end of the day a 3rd round pick would have been nice.  But it probably wasn't on the table.

Probably a better chance if they didnt drive his value into the ground by miscasting him as a 3c himself.

51 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Which is fine but going to need to add some muscle, someone who has no fear in driving to the net into the lineup, our defence is in need of some help.

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, kurtis said:

Hopefully no one blames the Canucks. So many games in so few nights and a lot of the players are still having side effects from the pathogen.. 

Hope you have time to read the previous 60 pages, and a few more pages to come before this thread is locked. 

Were you expecting anything different from some following a loss?!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Probably a better chance if they didnt drive his value into the ground by miscasting him as a 3c himself.

Well he did come out of college as a centre, so I guess that was the position he was given to start his pro career.  Green probably should have played him more in the top 6 as a winger, but Green isn't really the type of coach who likes to experiment.  At the end of the day we need to overhaul our coaching staff.  I didn't see Gaudette as a fit in Vancouver and I also don't see Green as our coach after this year either.  

• Cheers 2