The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

6 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Wtf. Karlsson tore his achilles. LOST HIS ABILITY TO WALK. How is this comparable. :lol:

What?

He tore his achilles in 2013……5 years before he got traded to San Jose. He was still a productive player after his the achilles surgery.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I know one thing, we are a much better team today than we were last week. 

We'll see where it all shakes out, but as of right now we really don't have a bad player under contract, depending on how you view Holtby. And he might not be here soon. 

Yea we are way better now compared to 2 hours ago!

That OEL contract is nasty though....big improvement for next season not sure how it pans out long term.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

OEL = # 5 Defensemen lmao okay

so on par with say Luke Schenn? Give me a #*%!ing break! 

No doubt.   He moved down the line with Chychrun last season, but has the pedigree and still played over 20mins, and a regular on the PK.     Not worth 7 but wow that was a massive swap of cash.   With retention it's palatable, and blue chip D's often have career years in their 30's.   Totally unexpected.   We can judge this in quite a few ways, including how well he does compared to Eagle did at the same age.   Have to wait for now 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, BenSurgeon said:

Once again ownership called this one like the called the Errikson deal because they want a winner now to sell tickets. They are saying that a change might motivate Larrson but what motivation is there for a player that is making 8 million a year? I see just see another Errikson deal. 

What motivation? He's a 40-50 point defenseman in an 82 game season. He's pretty consistent on a pretty terrible squad.  

8 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Jim " we are exploring our opportunities".

It took him two years to finalize this deal.   LOL

And you know what that year saved us? Demko. Benning waited a year and in doing so was able to dump all 3 of our liabilities in one deal. We lost one asset of any value, and it was a 9th overall pick in a draft that is talked about as up in the air. We got a 15-20 goal scorer and a top 4 D-man and it cost us 3 players CDC disliked and realistically one worthwhile draft pick. How many teams are getting quality assets for cap dumps and essentially a 1st round pick? Lol. He even got them to retain cap on OEL.

People are quick to vomit up OEL's numbers as if Arizona had any players worth a damn the entire time he's been there. I remember people vomitting up Miller's numbers too before we played him in our top 6. People called him a "3rd liner." OEL isn't underplayed, but he's playing with absolute bums. Their best player is meme'd for eating hot dogs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, IBatch said:

No doubt.   He moved down the line with Chychrun last season, but has the pedigree and still played over 20mins, and a regular on the PK.     Not worth 7 but wow that was a massive swap of cash.   With retention it's palatable, and blue chip D's often have career years in their 30's.   Totally unexpected.   We can judge this in quite a few ways, including how well he does compared to Eagle did at the same age.   Have to wait for now 

I say we can complain in 3-4 years but till then it’s a win

Just now, Chris12345 said:

Yea we are way better now compared to 2 hours ago!

That OEL contract is nasty though....big improvement for next season not sure how it pans out long term.

yup the last 2 years might be painful, they might not. Just have to see how it plays out but for now I really like looking at the roster page again. 

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

What?

He tore his achilles in 2013……5 years before he got traded to San Jose. He was still a productive player after his the achilles surgery.

Oh damn meant to say ankle haha. Had half of his ankle removed. I don't recall the same occurring for OEL