The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Here is my take. 

People complaining about overpaying for short term cap space and worrying about long term cap space are missing a key point. Covid has made the cap space this year so much more valuable than ever. 

It hurts like a gut punch to lose the 9th overall but Garland is a known commodity (and well worth it) unlike all those players that have not been subject to proper scouting and many of whom are up to two years knocked back in their development due to covid. 

Only up to page 25 but this has been a crazy roller coaster ride for the ages. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Where’s Motte??? Our most important bottom 6 player!

7 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Motte?

Sorry fellas. Totally forgot about him. Edited my original post. Highmore is now an extra. Lockwood has more upside than Highmore overall

7 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Is anybody going to give me credit for saying this is what it would take to get OEL? And the fact that we get to keep Schmidt

I think we can recoup the lost draft picks by trading Holtby and Schmidt

No, because you're already borderline dislocating your shoulder patting yourself on your back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This fanbase is very frustrating, maybe its a bigger part of just society in general,

It probably is.

For some reason these days people draw lines in the sand and that's the side they are on...forever.

They don't realise that learning and changing is growth. Admitting to being wrong is actually as sign of strength.

• Cheers 3