The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Most teams aren't going to pull a Tampa and have six top 4 guys or have a top 4 guy sitting on their bottom pair in case injuries pop up. He'll probably mind the bottom pairing with Rathbone or Juolevi, which is fine. 

He ain't displacing Hamonic, Hughes, Myers, or OEL. Day ain't over either. 

I don't think it's so fine if it means pushing Myers into a top 4, maybe even a top 2 position. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Squamfan said:

When the boot lickers at 650!say it’s bad signing then it’s a bad signing

That's a terrible take. Why would you put any weight on commentary from our toxic radio pundits. 

I'll open my ears when more reputable people like Ferraro, Friedman, etc chime in. 

• Wat 1

32 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I mean they don't have much else to complain about. 

But it comes directly out of their pockets so I mean I guess they have the right to be upset… oh wait. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

When the boot lickers at 650!say it’s bad signing then it’s a bad signing

I had to actually turn off my radio, couldn't handle their negativity any longer. What a bunch of buffoons. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, AV. said:

If, as a GM, you get into a bidding war over Tucker &^@#ing Poolman, you should probably walk away.  

This is especially true if you've already signed players like Beagle, Roussel, Ferland, etc to similar deals and have seen them backfire.

Hope this helps.

I think I'd make a great GM in that situation because I would simply not sign Tucker Poolman :bigblush:

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

man our right side D is so bad. Myers, Hamonic, poolman, schenn. Yikes

I don't think that's THAT bad. They are all defensively somewhat responsible and generally add size and grit. It's the left side that will be largely responsible for the scoring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

Jamie Dodd in 650.

”when signing a top four dman on team that was very bad on defence to that term is not good”

Jamie should maybe pull his head out of his ass and realize that this is not a top 4 defenseman signing. Or maybe you could pull your head out of his ass?

I like Poolman - good size, mobile, relatively physical, can kill penalties - more upside that last year would indicate imo - reasonable contract for a guy that can play 18 minutes/game.

I was in favour of avoiding the big fish - so I can't argue with a (couple) mid range signings - essentially what I thought they should do.

• Like 3
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

When you guys re-post this stuff, do you even understand what any of those analytics mean? Not saying I do by any means, but I'm not the one regurgitating the same thing. 

It means WAR on Poolman!! 

• Haha 2

Just now, kloubek said:

I don't think that's THAT bad. They are all defensively somewhat responsible and generally add size and grit. It's the left side that will be largely responsible for the scoring.

If any other team in the Pacific had a right side of Myers, Hamonic and Poolman, we'd all laugh at how weak they were. 

• Cheers 1