The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

23 minutes ago, kodos said:

Yeah, you’re right. Wonder who we’re taking with 13th overall this year? 

Calum Ritchie is a right hand 6'2 C slated for around 13. I'd be down with him. Riley Heidt, PG Cougar would be intriguing at that spot too. 5'11 though, not super big. Gulyayev is the only D around that range, but is a 5'10 offensive minded LD. Not sure I'd use a 1st rounder on a lesser Hughes though. A couple wingers in that range. Thankfully they aren't small. So unless management goes off the board they wouldn't be taking another midget winger around 13. Ryan Leonard is 5'11 and slated for top 10, he may drop to 13. Then we can hold our breath as management rushes up to scoop him. I am way overthinking drafting 13 when our draft fate is still very much in the air. I just like talking prospects.

15 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Some fans just don’t want to believe that there has been meddling and that’s fine, each to their own. But you look at the past 9 years (I guess it’ll be a decade come April) and you have enough of a history that tells the story. Sure having a chairman of a franchise who spends to the cap is great. That said we are in this mess because of being reckless  with the cap space and cutting shortcuts. Fans are fed up with the no direction no plan other then make the playoffs and “anything can happen” in his words. From this article right here as https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/569255

Some fans won’t accept it anymore and others choose not to accept it’s happening. We are all cheering for the same team and we have our thoughts and opinions. That’s why I love it here. Not everyone is going to see it as meddling but I agree with you. 

and some fans understand that the owner is exactly that......the owner of a business and he's got every right to run it the way he wants.  You might not like the way he runs it, but he spares no expense and truly does want to win.  It could be, and has been, a lot lot worse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

and some fans understand that the owner is exactly that......the owner of a business and he's got every right to run it the way he wants.  You might not like the way he runs it, but he spares no expense and truly does want to win.  It could be, and has been, a lot lot worse.

FWIW here’s Steamer on the subject.

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

He’s selling a product to a select base. If the products sucks because he’s an idiot his customers have every right to tell him and call him on it. He can choose to listen or choose to continue to do the same stupid thing over and over.( we know what Francesco chosen) 

with out the paying fans he has nothing but a dead pet. 

I rather have a good owner that lets the highly paid hockey ops people do their job

Even if he doesn’t spend to the cap 

Who cares if he spends to the cap when he create countless stupid mistakes that hurt the teams ability to win . 

So blindly accept he’s the owner ,have no rights to to complain about  the on ice product because he spends to the cap. To the same point then You have zero right to disagree with the GMs or coaches because those are the guys the owner choice 

and he spends to the cap so shhhhhhhhhhh. 

just  pay go to the game and accept it because he spends to the cap lol. Great if that works for you

really not much to discus since it’s all his choice and he spends to the cap and it’s his team lol. 

he’s a shit owner he has been since day one  hopefully his days as the ceo are number. Good riddance. 

5EE78DD5-889E-44C4-AED1-10D97073E653.jpeg
Francesco’s  Canucks 

Edited by combover

1 hour ago, stawns said:

You are correct Stawns that this is his team and he can do what he wants with it. I however I’d argue that that it’s been one of the worse era’s in the franchise’s history. The 70’s & 80’s were putrid. Messier era was horrible too but at least there was hope with high picks and prospects that build our WCE and Sedin era teams. We traded our captain (yes Linden’s Captaincy was stripped but he was always capt Canuck over Messier) and it looks like we are going to have to trade our captain again. But we are going to lose Bo for a lack of foresight and methodical long term plan. 

It might not be the worse but it’s close. 

•No prospect pipeline other than a few.

•Capped out with not a lot of relief in sight.

• We are losing our Captain because FA wanted to keep Miller and now can’t afford him.

• The chance of Petterson going elsewhere after next year because of the no plan, plan.

It’s a pretty dark era with the exception of the bubble which is now looking smoke and mirrors after losing key pieces on defense that we haven’t replaced.

At the end of the day it’s FA’s team to do with what he wants. But for myself as a season ticket holder for 5 years I’m done financially supporting that man. Doesn’t mean I’ll stop cheering for the best intentions for this team. At the end of the day we all want to see that silver mug hoisted in VanCity. Just a pity that Bo won’t be the one to hoist it for us:sadno:

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

You are correct Stawns that this is his team and he can do what he wants with it. I however I’d argue that that it’s been one of the worse era’s in the franchise’s history. The 70’s & 80’s were putrid. Messier era was horrible too but at least there was hope with high picks and prospects that build our WCE and Sedin era teams. We traded our captain (yes Linden’s Captaincy was stripped but he was always capt Canuck over Messier) and it looks like we are going to have to trade our captain again. But we are going to lose Bo for a lack of foresight and mythological long term plan. 

It might not be the worse but it’s close. 

•No prospect pipeline other than a few.

•Capped out with not a lot of relief in sight.

• We are losing our Captain because FA wanted to keep Miller and now can’t afford him.

• The chance of Petterson going elsewhere after next year because of the no plan, plan.

It’s a pretty dark era with the exception of the bubble which is now looking smoke and mirrors after losing key pieces on defense that we haven’t replaced.

At the end of the day it’s FA’s team to do with what he wants. But for myself as a season ticket holder for 5 years I’m done financially supporting that man. Doesn’t mean I’ll stop cheering for the best intentions for this team. At the end of the day we all want to see that silver mug hoisted in VanCity. Just a pity that Bo won’t be the one to hoist it for us:sadno:

They've got a pretty good stable of young players 22 and under, they've got an excellent goalie and one of the best two way C's in the league (two of them if you count Petey) and some decent assets to deal with.  There's been far, far worse eras than this.

Edited by stawns

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You make some good points and I do agree with some of them.  However, you take Petey off of this team and the hole we create is far larger than if BO is traded.  BO isn't better on special teams than Petey.  Petey is our best penalty killer, and he sets up alot of plays on the PP.  BO isn't a good penalty killer and he is only good on the PP if he is in the bumper spot.  

If Petey was traded, this team would fall apart alot more than if BO gets traded.  If we can get a 3C that can take faceoffs, is good defensively and can kill penalties then that will take the pressure off of Petey to be the main defensive matchup guy.  Then Miller can play as a 2C, much like he did last year.  I'm not saying BO isn't valuable, all I'm saying is that Petey is our MVP, how he goes is how the team goes really...

Not really.

Depends who we get back from a trade. Pettersson is our best trade chip value wise. And as much as people like to think Bo can get us a big haul, because he’s having a career year. I doubt he will, due to his UFA status. History has shown, big name rentals, rarely work out and GM around the league are aware of that.

Realistically, he’s probably going to get us a project prospect (ie: Rasmussen, Tippett, Foote, Wahlstrom, etc), a roster player and a low-end 1st round pick. 

Edited by shiznak

23 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Not really.

Depends who we get back from a trade. Pettersson is our best trade chip value wise. And as much as people like to think Bo can get us a big haul, because he’s having a career year. I doubt he will, due to his UFA status. History has shown, big name rentals, rarely work out and GM around the league are aware of that.

Realistically, he’s probably going to get us a project prospect (ie: Rasmussen, Tippett, Foote, Wahlstrom, etc), a roster player and a low-end 1st round pick. 

That doesn't sound like its a bad return when the players you mentioned were 1st rounders themselves. To get the best return it would have to be a sign and trade but Bo and or his agent may want to play out the year and test FA on July 1st.

I also have no idea why Detroit would pay to acquire him when he is a pending UFA and Detroit is likely not making the playoffs...They have a smart GM not a GM like Benning plus Detroit is still going through their rebuild to a degree and have their own Captain to worry about signing or trading come the TDL

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hard pass on Lysell. He’s not gonna be a difference maker at the next level.

Ehlers lite is all I see.

Ehlers has 361pts in 481gp. That is nothing to scoff at in my opinion, but you said Ehlers lite so I don't know what how that would translate over in the NHL unless there is a player comparable you could come up with that is on another team maybe?

• Huggy Bear 1

49 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Not really.

Wasn't that the exact return we were offered for Miller last year?  A roster player Chytil), a project prospect (Lundkvist) and a low end 1st round pick?

BO supposedly is more valuable so he should get us a better return.  The Stanley Cup is wide open this year, there are no favourites really.  Colorado may have trouble even making the playoffs and Tampa is no longer dominant.  There are 5-6 teams that are one player away from becoming a favourite, I am sure that some will be chasing BO.  Toews and Kane will also be available, so it depends what the other team needs.  Boston, NY Rangers, New Jersey, Carolina, NY Islanders, Winnipeg, LA will all be in on BO I think.  Hopefully one of those teams offers us a home run deal.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wasn't that the exact return we were offered for Miller last year?  A roster player Chytil), a project prospect (Lundkvist) and a low end 1st round pick?

BO supposedly is more valuable so he should get us a better return.  The Stanley Cup is wide open this year, there are no favourites really.  Colorado may have trouble even making the playoffs and Tampa is no longer dominant.  There are 5-6 teams that are one player away from becoming a favourite, I am sure that some will be chasing BO.  Toews and Kane will also be available, so it depends what the other team needs.  Boston, NY Rangers, New Jersey, Carolina, NY Islanders, Winnipeg, LA will all be in on BO I think.  Hopefully one of those teams offers us a home run deal.

Given their contract status and age at that time. Their value should be around the same. The Giroux/Hall/Stone trades are layouts of what to expect in a return for Bo.

Edited by shiznak

58 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Then trade Miller for decent prospect and 1st.

Kuz for the same. 

Brock for 3rd and prospect.

We would have cap room and maybe 3 to 5 players joining the team next year.  

Once the picks start coming up in two/three years we should be a contender if not by next year making the playoffs.  

We could also sign a couple plays via ufa's.

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I wonder if Vegas could get in the mix. They’re always after shiny toys. Eichel, Bo, Karlsson down the middle, move Roy to rw. They might be the favourite out of the west right now and adding Bo! 
Bo @ 50 as a rental for Cotter(good size and decent nums as a centre), Korzcak and 1st? 

10 hours ago, combover said:

He’s selling a product to a select base. If the products sucks because he’s an idiot his customers have every right to tell him and call him on it. He can choose to listen or choose to continue to do the same stupid thing over and over.( we know what Francesco chosen) 

with out the paying fans he has nothing but a dead pet. 

I rather have a good owner that lets the highly paid hockey ops people do their job

Even if he doesn’t spend to the cap 

Who cares if he spends to the cap when he create countless stupid mistakes that hurt the teams ability to win . 

So blindly accept he’s the owner ,have no rights to to complain about  the on ice product because he spends to the cap. To the same point then You have zero right to disagree with the GMs or coaches because those are the guys the owner choice 

and he spends to the cap so shhhhhhhhhhh. 

just  pay go to the game and accept it because he spends to the cap lol. Great if that works for you

really not much to discus since it’s all his choice and he spends to the cap and it’s his team lol. 

he’s a shit owner he has been since day one  hopefully his days as the ceo are number. Good riddance. 

5EE78DD5-889E-44C4-AED1-10D97073E653.jpeg
Francesco’s  Canucks 

I think spending to the cap is one of this teams biggest problems. We're always tight right against the cap ceiling every year with delusions of grandeur about how good the team is. Then when ultimately the club is forced to reassess the following year then we have big problems to fix with no cap to do so. Then the solution becomes use what little cap is available on the best hack we can find. Then that sh!t plan doesn't work and we repeat it again net year.

I'd love for once just to play a season with like $8m - $10m cap space ... see how the team does and then make the adjustments. Whether that's a big name player, a necessary D man in trade, a player from the farm who gets the call. This team just needs to take the foot off the pedal and see what reality looks like for a change.

• Cheers 4