The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 16, 2021 Vancouver Canucks (13-15-2) @ San Jose Sharks (15-13-1) at 7:30 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

31 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A little bit vocal about the first time they went through covid.   Really wonder what that means.   Maybe - to me at least - they are getting a little sick and tired with this.   They are worried about getting tested.  And all that.   

20 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

While I agree with the first part; taking IV fuilds happens all the time and it isn't that big of a deal. I do think reporting it when it was fasle is a big deal. Quinn was asked directly and said "no, that didn't happen. I don't know where you got that from" (exact quote might be off, but words to that effect). 

I think yourre right, was it reported that a few were sick, Sutter felt 'horrible' or something to that effect, and one player at least was on an IV, then sekaeras says it's Quinn? I can't remember. Anyway was someone on an IV? Probably, was it Hughes? Maybe. sekeeras is pretty slimmey he probable attaches the quote to the best player on the team. I suppose 20 years ago reporters got confirmation on quotes/rumors and now they don't. I don't really mind. It's all pretty harmless for the most part. We as fans blow this stuff up for pages on message boards just as bad as drancer or sekkeras (I think I've spelt his name wrong/incorrect 3 times in a row)

Is there anything to the different practice jerseys?

I know Green liked to have top 6 in white and bottom 6 in blue. Seemed like a very segregated system where players who weren’t playing well get “demoted” to the blue jerseys.

They seem to be wearing blue, green, red, and grey.

Edited by DeNiro

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Been years since I was in that place. Used to hop. You wanted to sit with your back to the wall. Maybe the young Canucks go there?

Wouldn't surprise me, professional hockey players or not it's still just a big group of guys 

I mean, Hoglander's initial arrival was announced because someone found him on tinder wasn't it?

Edited by Coconuts

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wouldn't surprise me, professional hockey players or not it's still just a big group of guys 

I mean, Hoglander's initial arrival was announced because someone found him on tinder wasn't it?

Yeah imagine the faces on the girls there when these multimillionaire athletes come waltzing into the room.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, austy said:

I think yourre right, was it reported that a few were sick, Sutter felt 'horrible' or something to that effect, and one player at least was on an IV, then sekaeras says it's Quinn? I can't remember. Anyway was someone on an IV? Probably, was it Hughes? Maybe. sekeeras is pretty slimmey he probable attaches the quote to the best player on the team. I suppose 20 years ago reporters got confirmation on quotes/rumors and now they don't. I don't really mind. It's all pretty harmless for the most part. We as fans blow this stuff up for pages on message boards just as bad as drancer or sekkeras (I think I've spelt his name wrong/incorrect 3 times in a row)

Brian Burke once said, that (it is not the exact quote, just as i remember it) this business is full to the rim of lowlifes and beggars and these scumbags screwed  it up for everybody else

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Some of our local media said our advance statistics is the same as Green era.
Here is NHL.com saying otherwise

Those NHL Network heads have talked about us more than they have in its existence. They loved Bruce when he was an analyst briefly.

1 hour ago, lmm said:

no I rememebr thinking is should be Bieksa but it was actually Alberts or Biega

no one is worried when its a D moving up, but an F going back is always a huge concern

Last guy I remember was Fedrerov, Sergei, not Fedor , and before that Jim Roberts and Red Kelly

How about the guy we are playing tonight....Brent Burns. Or maybe Big Buff?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

no I rememebr thinking is should be Bieksa but it was actually Alberts or Biega

no one is worried when its a D moving up, but an F going back is always a huge concern

Last guy I remember was Fedrerov, Sergei, not Fedor , and before that Jim Roberts and Red Kelly

Dale Tallon was moved from D to C (a far tougher switch than just a winger) & back again several times as a Canuck.  Lesson #1 on how *NOT* to develop your "prized first drafted prospect by the organization".  Yes, *THAT* same Dale Tallon who is a prospective (and former) NHL GM today.

• Huggy Bear 1