The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

12 hours ago, stawns said:

Agreed and I don't think they'd be looking to "dump" him, but if teams come asking with a solid offer, I'd bet they'd take it

That's what it is all about. How many times has Allvin said that he is open to any deal that makes his team better. Allvin had no option on Miller or Boeser. He resigned them which gave him an option for future trades. Miller has a looming NTC when his new contract kicks in. Many fans want to retain JT as his play would get the Canucks into playoffs, possibly quicker than if he was traded. I agree with your take about the Canuck timeline and that moving Miller makes sense. As always it is all about what comes back and how it improves the depth and long term prognosis for the Canucks. IMHO the Canucks do not have near enough depth in the org. 

On 5/25/2023 at 5:07 PM, aGENT said:

I'm not suggesting they don't have moves to make. Yes, they also likely need to move Forbort etc as well. 

As to what they decide to do as an org...I have no idea. They could blow it all up this summer for all I know. I'd imagine they'll try to continue going for it though with Marchand, Pasta and McAvoy until it becomes abundantly clear it's time to start over.

I just dont see how they retool around Marchand, Pasta and McAvoy with their current cap/roster situation. I dont see where they will pull the assets from to keep this roster mainly intact, shed cap and retool.

This was an all or nothing season for Bergeron, they want 100% in on winning a cup and exhausted a lot of resources. I dont see how they build a contender let alone a competitive enough team to compete in the East.

They very well may try and slap lipstick on a pig and try to force something. In my opinion they need to look around at the rest of the division and conference and ask themselves if they can compete with these teams without Bergeron and Krejci, losing Orlov and Bertuzzi, possibly losing one of Swayman or Ullmark due to their cap situation. They certainly will not get better and they are a loooong way from catching up to the futures they just gave away. They could get ahead on the rebuild now and sell everything off, recoup the futures they gave away, stock up prospects and rebuild around the a new core.

On 5/26/2023 at 5:54 PM, LegionOfDoom said:

There is talk Aho is not happy in carolina… weather that’s true or not who knows… I tried finding the article I can’t remember where it is apologies on no attached source, Carolina plays a tight system and doesn’t allow aho to flourish with his offensive abilities I could see him being a 90 point guy with a bit more freedom I like to compare it to the barzal situation a bit. Fingers crossed carolina is willing to do a block buster with us involving Aho 

Lol and aho would love it playing for tochett or the Canucks? There’s almost no scenario would aho re-sign with the Canucks.. he’d be playing behind EP.. playing with essentially nobody on the 2nd line playing in a system that rather you play hard nose grinding hockey than creative hockey. Beauvillier either boeser or garland or hoglander/podz ain’t exactly names that makes you excited or look forward to playing with. 

if Carolina moves aho they’ll be retooling… and 1000% wouldn’t want miller.. miller + whatever prospect/picks the Canucks have for Aho makes Carolina even worse than they are now

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Does this thread auto lock at Midnight???

No way!  Just because he has trade protection, it doesn’t mean he can’t be moved!

This thread lives another 3 years, then is replaced by the thread “No one will take on Miller contract, do we buy him out?”

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1