The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Beauvillier has the same amount of goals this year as Brock. But he’s a 3rd liner and Brock is a top 6 forward?  On what planet is a guy a top 6 forward who only has 9 goals and is supposed to be a goal scorer?  

And I don’t care that he has 30 points. Those secondary assists mean squat. 

Face Truth GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Sore loser team competing with Isles to get into the Playoffs ? didn't put their best foot forward sounds like it, may as well as media make it Vancouver's fault lol.

Yup I like that they got frozen out. Probably came with a weak lowball offer. Good thing Allvin did this early. 

I'd rather we get that reputation so by trade deadline day, we don't have other GMs wasting our time like they used to do with Benning. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Beauvillier has the same amount of goals this year as Brock. But he’s a 3rd liner and Brock is a top 6 forward?  On what planet is a guy a top 6 forward who only has 9 goals and is supposed to be a goal scorer?  

The guys post is delusional on so many levels.  

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Hes 5ft 11

But on Tinder hes 6ft

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

6'1" on Tinder.  I checked.  I mean... what?  Nothing.  Go away!  <runs out of the room>

Tell the truth. It was on Grindr 

FYI this is anti homophobia. We accept all life decisions and i only said Grindr because the situation called for it. 

• Haha 3

I think it's fair to be disappointed or happy with the trade depending on which avenue you support.

It is nice to see change and to add a pick and prospect but the return was not enough for a bonafide elite Center and did nothing to fix our Defense or cap problems. I don't care to hear about how this is what a ufa is worth, it's their own damn fault he is a pending ufa. They chose Miller and some wingers over signing Bo last summer. They also would not allow anyone to talk to Bo's agent about a sign & trade which would have increased the return. 

This is seemingly at least a direction, something we have not had in a very long time. Of course it only continues to be a direction if assets continue to be moved out for more picks/prospects and impact players that can turn this thing around in Petey & Huggy's window.

My opinion of the Canucks today remains unchanged, even when trying to do the right thing the they have to do it the most ass backwards difficult way possible.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

It's funny how people bring up Brocks contract not being as bad as it is vs his production but AB is a problem when it expires in 2024.

Nobody is defending Brock's contract as being fair for his production. We are saying he's not garbage like other people are saying, based on his production. There is a distinction. People act like Brock has 12 points and floats around. He plays hard, he forechecks, he's a great team guy. Always has a huge smile when a teammate scores. And he produces at a very solid level. He's not this albatross player that haters make him out to be.

20 minutes ago, combover said:

5’10 180 

career ppg .45 

.40 this season 

to bad he doesn’t score

he’s a third/ fourth line checker 

He more like a slightly bigger garland.

Motte style

I’d prefer size in that roll the bumble bee bouncing off players like highmore isn’t all that effective. 

brock career ppg .78

.73 this season 

you always mention Brock’s skating yet somehow he beats miller back to play in the D zone. 
brock is a top six player. 
He’s injury prone and needs a fresh start. 

really doesn’t matter AB is here and brock will be gone before the TDL.

Then Our top six will be even more pathetic 

kuz ep mill that’s it. 

lol

top 4 draft pick level bad. 

‘top 4 draft pick level bad‘

yes to that!

• Cheers 1

Tell me you know nothing about the way Beauvillier plays the game without telling me you know nothing about the way Beauvillier plays the game...

43 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

People loving Beauvillier, but not realizing he’s the Brock of Long Island, only worse. 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Nobody is defending Brock's contract as being fair for his production. We are saying he's not garbage like other people are saying, based on his production. There is a distinction. People act like Brock has 12 points and floats around. He plays hard, he forechecks, he's a great team guy. Always has a huge smile when a teammate scores. And he produces at a very solid level. He's not this albatross player that haters make him out to be.

I also don't know why we need to compare Brock to AB before they have even hit the ice. As pointed out in this thread many times, they are completely different players that serve different roles on the team. I say let them play a few games to see how AB adjusts to the new teammates and systems before we assume he maintains his NYI's production. 

Who knows, maybe Brock and AB play on a line together and their differences in playing style actually complement each other to the point they both play up to their contracts. I like the fact that we get 5 weeks before the deadline to see how this acquisition works out. 

24 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Funny, cause only 6 of his 30 points are on the PP. He's not on the first unit anymore. Hasn't for a while. Do you watch the games? 

im guessing all of his 6 points on the powerplay came on the top unit.

and that a few of his points came mere seconds after the powerplay ended...

and the fact that even though brock only faces the 443rd toughest minutes in the league... he is still a -13

AB faces the 84th toughest minutes and is only a minus 4....

one of these things is different than the other....

• RoughGame 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

.40 ppg this season 

brocks .73 

of coarse you don’t care about points because it doesn’t benefit your argument but yet you constantly argue millers a Ppg player.

You pick and chose what works for you. 

really It  doesn’t matter what stats mean whatever to you since there the facts not fabricated narratives. 

So miller isn’t a 8 mill 100 point player / ppg player since 

you took all his secondary assists away since they don’t mean diddly…. Huh. 

• Thanks 1