The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Guillaume Brisebois

When I see him mentioned anywhere, I always think of Jason Botchford screaming "BREEZEBOH!!!!" on TSN 1040. RIP Botch.

A solid, depth defender. He'll likely never get claimed on waivers so he's perfect for being a call up option/AHL leader when the Canucks need a d man in a pinch. I like the signing and I like the player.

Curious if they'll re-sign Wolanin and Burroughs soon. Those two guys are also excellent depth pieces and should be locked up well before July 1st rolls around.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Nice.  No risk deal on a kid who has developed pretty well.  Not going to be much more than an AHL/NHL Tweener, but has looked OK when needed, and come with zero risk..  The tape to tape pass to thee Preds guy in the slot was bad, but that was the worst play I've seen him make.

He's been a very steady D and thought he could play bottom pairing even last year.  Brisebois and Myers or Brisebois and Bear can form a pretty decent 3rd pairing.

I have a very similar feeling with Juulsen.  Both could be bottom pair or NHL extras for us next year and going forward.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Two way 1st year one way 2nd year. Maybe they really do believe he has a chance at being a 7D at some point. I like Breezer. Definitely liked him more than the tank commander. Nice to bring him back. At worst is a good AHL guy, at best can be a cheap home grown depth piece.

• Like 1
  • Tanks a lot 1