The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

watched todays game Avto won, Tryamkin had a solid game in a 3-1 victory. My favorite move was how he broke up a play with his sweeping poke check.

Skating backwards the forward thought he had room to move towards the blueline but no he didn't.

Nikita “Noyadont” Tryamkin.

.. that’s a keeper.

;) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/21/2020 at 5:08 PM, HockeyHarry said:

I’m Sure Jimbo and Canucks staff will be watching Tryamkins KHL play closely til his contract ends. Big Tryamkin may win coach Green over pre NHL return...which would be a good thing.

I have not been a big fan of the concept and not because of contacts, wives or even former issues of entitlement, I just didn't think he was NHL ready then and didn't think in what I was seeing of him in KHL on games I watched (admittedly not live) that he was regressing.   This season he has changed.   He is playing far more responsibly and taking a real obvious leadership role in all aspects of the game.   He has improved his first step, he breakout passing and is not lazy on the backcheck when he messes up a pinch like he used to be.   He is smarter on the physical stuff too - improving his timing and not taking himself out of the play nearly so often.

I will say that he has impressed me and is clearly trying to show he has more to give than he showed the past two years in his return to the homeland.   IF he was able to bottle this year and put in a full summer of work and come to camp in real NHL shape, i really think he would have shot of making the team out of the gate putting any AHL talk as unnecessary.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have not been a big fan of the concept and not because of contacts, wives or even former issues of entitlement, I just didn't think he was NHL ready then and didn't think in what I was seeing of him in KHL on games I watched (admittedly not live) that he was regressing.   This season he has changed.   He is playing far more responsibly and taking a real obvious leadership role in all aspects of the game.   He has improved his first step, he breakout passing and is not lazy on the backcheck when he messes up a pinch like he used to be.   He is smarter on the physical stuff too - improving his timing and not taking himself out of the play nearly so often.

I will say that he has impressed me and is clearly trying to show he has more to give than he showed the past two years in his return to the homeland.   IF he was able to bottle this year and put in a full summer of work and come to camp in real NHL shape, i really think he would have shot of making the team out of the gate putting any AHL talk as unnecessary.   

What e v e r. Rob.

I smell a free coffee. ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I just cannot shake the image of Tryamkin at RD and Edler at LD both smoking guys. Myers with equal size if not weight. My simple hockey mind dwells on the idea that bigger players can handle serious CUP play better, less injury. When it comes down to TOI at RD you look at Myers-Tanev-Tryamkin. Myers is on the 2PP and Tanev is on the 1PK. I expect Tryamkin can float between both and still get his TOI. 

A catalystic player brings a strength that usually gets overlooked when we gaze at the stars or look for that generational talent / top player.

i stated when Motte was injured how I see him as a key player that brought the catalyst to not only inject the right energy that the team  seems to feed off,. But brought a balance to his and the above lines as well.

As much as I personally enjoy Tryamkin game,. I see him bringing, and having the same cause and effect in D.

Niks game will help to up the character on our D core,  and that will balance through what ever lines are composed..

The one other player who could bring this additional team chemistry / catalyst,   Is Micheal Ferland.

I hope he comes back in all of his power after the break.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

New rules in KHL make it harder for Tram to come over.. and thats after if his team gets knocked out in 1st round. Which is unlikely. 

If they release Tram before April 30 they lose his KHL rights. They would have no interest relrasing him

He likely comes over in summer starts with team next season.

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

New rules in KHL make it harder for Tram to come over.. and thats after if his team gets knocked out in 1st round. Which is unlikely. 

If they release Tram before April 30 they lose his KHL rights. They would have no interest relrasing him

Tryamkin is a UFA to the KHL after this season.

But they could release him earlier than the end of the playoff season IF  he signed his rights to Avtomobilist, IF he was to return to the KHL.

There was rumour that Avtomobilist was holding him out of games trying to get him to sign a new contract with them..

He might not be wanting to sign any “rights” contract , and free himself of any ownership to the KHL.

I do beleive in those new rules a player and or team can approach the KHL. to seek termination of a contract in situations like this, 

The KHL last season has been going to great lengths to better their game and player / team relationships.

They embraced a cap structure this year..  and have adopted the smaller ice surface in about a dozen arenas..

seems they want to become more “player friendly” as well, hoping to get away from of the shadiness in contracts that exist.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Would Tram be our Tanev replacement?  

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would Tram be our Tanev replacement?  

I doubt he is on the same level defensively as Tanev.

I would prefer he be the Stecher replacement. The whole D is better then. I am one of the fans that wants JB to get an extension done with Tanev. He has been awesome with Hughes.  Why let him go unless we have a young stud on an ELC to fill his spot, and we don't yet.

Edler  Tryamkin

Hughes Tanev

Fantenberg  Myers

Raffferty

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I doubt he is on the same level defensively as Tanev.

I would prefer he be the Stecher replacement. The whole D is better then. I am one of the fans that wants JB to get an extension done with Tanev. He has been awesome with Hughes.  Why let him go unless we have a young stud on an ELC to fill his spot, and we don't yet.

Edler  Tryamkin

Hughes Tanev

Fantenberg  Myers

Raffferty

I guess that depends on what Tanev wants or feels he deserves. At 30 years of age he probably wants a four or five year deal (ED too), which I wouldn't give him unless it was $4m or less ... and even then I'd be hesitant. He's going to regress a lot I think since he relies on killing his body.

On the other hand if he wants a two year deal he probably wants 5+, but if he did 2 at $4.5 without an NMC I would consider it. At that point a healthy Stretcher at less money might make more sense though.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, aliboy said:

JB doesn't talk about this season, but I imagine that would change once he is released.

The big Russian defenceman is under contract with the KHL’s Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg through the end of the 2019-20 season.

“Obviously he’s on our reserve list,” Benning said Thursday morning. “Our pro scouts continue to watch and keep tabs on him. When his season is over and his contract is up, I’ll speak with Todd.”

“Nikita is a guy we know can play in the league. He’s a good skater for his size and he can make a good first pass.”

Benning and his pro scouts held meetings last week in Vancouver, taking stock of the players they may want to add to their roster, should the opportunity arise.

• Upvote 2