Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They couldn't match his projected NHL salary. They also cannot match his desire to play in the best league in the world. 

His current team cannot match it, but doesn't mean another team couldn't. I must've missed the talk of him wanting to play in the best league in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

His current team cannot match it, but doesn't mean another team couldn't. I must've missed the talk of him wanting to play in the best league in the world.

Tree either plays in his hometown, where Avto plays, or he’s over here.  I still think the choice of staying home, or coming here is up to his young wife. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Tree either plays in his hometown, where Avto plays, or he’s over here.  I still think the choice of staying home, or coming here is up to his young wife. 

Has it been that clear cut? If he (and his wife) are willing to move all the way out here, why isn't moving to another part of their home country out of the question (where his young wife might be more comfortable and to a team that can pay him)?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Has it been that clear cut? If he (and his wife) are willing to move all the way out here, why isn't moving to another part of their home country out of the question (where his young wife might be more comfortable and to a team that can pay him)?

Your suggestion makes good sense, but IMO Tree wants to play in the best league, so he can match up with the other great Russian players.  That rules out Russia.  His young wife wants to stay home in Avto.  If they leave their hometown, it’s to come here.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Has it been that clear cut? If he (and his wife) are willing to move all the way out here, why isn't moving to another part of their home country out of the question (where his young wife might be more comfortable and to a team that can pay him)?

KHL has about a USD $14 million salary cap. Tree is likely to sign with the Canucks for somewhere close to a quarter of that. KHL teams have big rosters and can't afford to pay him anywhere close to what an NHL team can pay.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 9:52 AM, Borvat said:

At the right price a player the Canucks can definitely use and currently need.  Would really help round things out on the D core.  Add Rafferty to the mix and this core could be really good.  Juolevi would be a bonus.

People keep talking about "oh, Rafferty is coming up, we can trade Tanev" but Rafferty doesn't replace what Tanev brings. Tryamkin isn't the same player to Tanev either (they do things markedly differently) but he absolutely can fill that defensive hole that moving Tanev would leave.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

His current team cannot match it, but doesn't mean another team couldn't. I must've missed the talk of him wanting to play in the best league in the world.

He is loyal to his hometown Yetkatinburgh he won't play any where else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

People keep talking about "oh, Rafferty is coming up, we can trade Tanev" but Rafferty doesn't replace what Tanev brings. Tryamkin isn't the same player to Tanev either (they do things markedly differently) but he absolutely can fill that defensive hole that moving Tanev would leave.

I'd rather keep Tanev with Edler's contract expiring in 2021. We would have to move out Baer/Sutter/Benn in the off-season but we already have a logjam at FWD.

 

Gives the younger guys more time to adjust and gives us a way better D-core overall as well as depth. I doubt Tryamkin is gonna be the best he can be his 1st year back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He is loyal to his hometown Yetkatinburgh he won't play any where else. 

Are you suggesting he won't come here as well? Because if he's willing to leave to come here, then surely he's willing to go anywhere else that pays the bills. If it's not about the money, then he simply re-signs there, but could be using us to squeeze out a few more dollars.

 

I'm not suggesting that he doesn't want to come here though. Just expressing my one concern despite all the evidence that makes him likely to return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Are you suggesting he won't come here as well? Because if he's willing to leave to come here, then surely he's willing to go anywhere else that pays the bills. If it's not about the money, then he simply re-signs there, but could be using us to squeeze out a few more dollars.

 

I'm not suggesting that he doesn't want to come here though. Just expressing my one concern despite all the evidence that makes him likely to return.

No I was talking about the KHL. He definitely wants to come here. He has been following our progress. He responds to Canuck tweets and has never  changed his Insta picture of him in a Canuck uni. 

The KHL he took a HUGE hometown discount with Atvo, and left millions on the table. Out of hometown loyalty. Money that he could have made if he stayed in the NHL. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, luckylager said:

Just a rumour, but it's on elite prospects, dated today under transactions.

 

Screenshot_20200119-140818_Chrome.jpg

Sweet. 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No I was talking about the KHL. He definitely wants to come here. He has been following our progress. He responds to Canuck tweets and has never  changed his Insta picture of him in a Canuck uni. 

The KHL he took a HUGE hometown discount and left millions on the table. Money that he could have made if he stayed. 

I'm aware of all this and also mentioned them to other posters as well. I just have this 1% of doubt that he could be using us as a negotiation tactic to squeeze out more money and maybe he really wants to stay in the KHL wherever it may be.

 

I guess it's just a part of me that doesn't want to get my hopes up too high, so I want to give myself that bit of doubt.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm aware of all this and also mentioned them to other posters as well. I just have this 1% of doubt that he could be using us as a negotiation tactic to squeeze out more money and maybe he really wants to stay in the KHL wherever it may be.

 

I guess it's just a part of me that doesn't want to get my hopes up too high, so I want to give myself that bit of doubt.

I had concerns over the way he left that he might not want to come back, possibly specifically to the Canucks. It didn't seem like a situation he should be upset over, but the situation leaving was strange. He was always steadfast about only wanting to play with his hometown club though when in the KHL, so if there's any playing teams against each other, it would likely only be the NHL. Yekaterinburg's budget likely doesn't allow for any big increases for more money there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm aware of all this and also mentioned them to other posters as well. I just have this 1% of doubt that he could be using us as a negotiation tactic to squeeze out more money and maybe he really wants to stay in the KHL wherever it may be.

 

I guess it's just a part of me that doesn't want to get my hopes up too high, so I want to give myself that bit of doubt.

I really don't think you need to worry about that. The KHL teams just don't have enough cap space to be able to pay him all that much. What he is much more likely to do is to use the hometown/happy wife/family/friends negotiating card to squeeze the Canucks for more money. However, if you have only 1% doubt that he will be here soon, you are still way more positive than me, lol. I figure >90% he will be here sometime in 2020.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I had concerns over the way he left that he might not want to come back, possibly specifically to the Canucks. It didn't seem like a situation he should be upset over, but the situation leaving was strange. He was always steadfast about only wanting to play with his hometown club though when in the KHL, so if there's any playing teams against each other, it would likely only be the NHL. Yekaterinburg's budget likely doesn't allow for any big increases for more money there.

I think the family issues were the reason why he was adamant about going to Yekaterinburg. I think this time with the possibility of him moving again that him and his wife are more ready for the challenge of a move wherever they may end up. If they're willing to move to a "new" country, surely a new city in their own country wouldn't be a reach. Maybe he wouldn't get as much money as he would here, but he gets to stay in a country where his wife is more comfortable (language and all that) and try to squeeze more money in a offer for a player coveted by the NHL.

 

All signs seem to point an eventual return and I'm really hoping he does. But I'm also trying to set myself up in case he doesn't and not be too upset about it. Whatever decision he makes, I wish him the best.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be an immediate replacement for Fantenburg/Benn as #6 LHD

 

Next Year:

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Tryamkin-Stecher

Benn-Rafferty

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.