Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Jane

Guillaume Brisebois | D

He has looked really smooth so far. Not out of place at all.

The Brisebois-Tanev pairing has been our best pairing so far and IMO Brisebois has been one of our best defenseman so far.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He has looked really smooth so far. Not out of place at all.

The Brisebois-Tanev pairing has been our best pairing so far and IMO Brisebois has been one of our best defenseman so far.

Ive really like Brisebois's game so far. Would not be surprised to see Fantenberg waived so Brisebois could have a spot

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Brisebois

• Haha 1

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

Ive really like Brisebois's game so far. Would not be surprised to see Fantenberg waived so Brisebois could have a spot

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Brisebois

We're not waiving vets so that prospects can sit in the press box.

Does no one understand the roles of spare D? Anyone?

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We're not waiving vets so that prospects can sit in the press box.

Does no one understand the roles of spare D? Anyone?

Mine is more a prediction that Brisebois can get accustomed to NHL life and practices until Tanev or someone else inevitably gets injured

59 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Mine is more a prediction that Brisebois can get accustomed to NHL life and practices until Tanev or someone else inevitably gets injured

Let the kid play heavy minutes until he's needed. He will likely be up and down a bit all year, he will get time with the big club don't worry.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Brisebois

JB just picked up Fantenberg. He is not going to waive him.

Breezy has looked like he's ready. He still goes down but it's nice to see there are legitimate NHL defenders to call up when injuries hit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Or he could actually be PLAYING in Utica and be one of the first call ups...

D depth is looking real good

Juolevi - Biega

Brisebois - Rafferty

Teves - Chatfield

Sautner

Tryamkin* (possibly for the playoffs?)

Not a bad list of callups, when one of the Canucks regular D goes down. If they pair Tanev with Hughes as a second tandem, Tanev might actually stay relatively healthy this year (not having to block every shot against every teams' top line). With Hughes, my guess is the Canucks will retain puck possession. Don't need to block shots when you have the puck :)

• Like 1

The game against the Oilers was the best game I've seen Brisebois play. He looked relaxed and in control

7 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The game against the Oilers was the best game I've seen Brisebois play. He looked relaxed and in control

I think either Brisbois or Sautner might surprise and stick for awhile. Maybe Sautner as he cannot be waived and JB might think it worth giving him a longer look. Either way both will be high on the recall list. 

20 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Brisebois

Doubt it.  

But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as our 7th d man by seasons end.  We have a slew of guys that are battling for a spot on our bottom pairings and bottom forward lines.  

Sautner, Biega, Fattenburg, Breezer, Teves, Rafferty and OJ.... 

Competition and depth.  Essential for this team to turn the corner.  

I've like Brisebois's game as well. physicality is up, but he's not looking rushed on the puck either. He's got a good shot, and plays like a slightly more skilled Ashton Sautner imo. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play 5-10 games this year. 

• Upvote 1