The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

On 7/6/2021 at 8:51 AM, Googlie said:

Some Seattle fans still want Jake in the ED draft -  see him as potentially their "Tuch".

Seems there is more tolerance for his alleged behavior in the US  (cf #45)

Sad, but that may be true. Wasn't Kobe Bryant accused of rape as well? Apparently, Chauncey Billups who is now coach of the Portland Trailblazers was too.

7 hours ago, SNuck said:

Prediction: Jake bought out around 5pm. 

I disagree.

Canucks will likely wait till after the expansion draft to waive him and buy him out. He, IMO, will not be protected and Canucks will wait and see if the Kraken are interested in him. If they do bite, it saves having to buy him out. Not likely to happen but no rush till after expansion draft is over.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Anyone know how to get the name and numbers changed on your Virtanen jersey?  ;-)

Could always take the name off - keep the #18 and go with the Ryan Stanton or Cam Barker.  Classic.

2 hours ago, VforVasili said:

Anyone know how to get the name and numbers changed on your Virtanen jersey?  ;-)

which jersey is it?

there are lots of great neams depending which era you aare rocking

Iggy, Crowder, Antoski, Grisdale, Kariya, Robertson, King (yu could sit with your buddies in their Sedn Jerseys) Fedorov, Rota, Crow, Popiel

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/VAN/numbers.html

• Cheers 1

On 7/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

I disagree.

Canucks will likely wait till after the expansion draft to waive him and buy him out. He, IMO, will not be protected and Canucks will wait and see if the Kraken are interested in him. If they do bite, it saves having to buy him out. Not likely to happen but no rush till after expansion draft is over.

Zero chance (imho) the Kraken select him.  Even before these *allegations* (guy hasn't been convicted of anything yet), I have doubts they would pick him if left exposed given his lack of development to date.

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Zero chance (imho) the Kraken select him.  Even before these *allegations* (guy hasn't been convicted of anything yet), I have doubts they would pick him if left exposed given his lack of development to date.

they won't but Jake is still useful to us as a qualifying F for expansion. He'll be bought out on the 22nd is my guess. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they won't but Jake is still useful to us as a qualifying F for expansion. He'll be bought out on the 22nd is my guess. 

I agree that it is very unlikely they will pick him but still worth a shot as they have nothing to lose by exposing him to the expansion draft. It also frees up as space to protect someone else in his place

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Vintage 1

There's this awesome line in The Royal Tanenbaums where a douche-y Eli Cash (Owen Wilson) says - Everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn, what this book presupposes is, maybe he didn't?

Is there a world in which we could imagine that our presupposition is untrue?

Right now we all expect Benning to move away from Jake with the least amount of cost to the cap.

On the other hand, just a year ago he had some, small limited value.

I guess I find myself wondering if there is any chance that Benning gives Virtanen one more chance if the allegations were to be cleared? 

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1