The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

On 2/14/2021 at 3:30 PM, Canucksince99 said:

Lol I remember when everyone was mad that we drafted him. If we drafted someone else who knows if we’d be with the guys we drafted after. Mad respect to OJ for continuously grinding and getting better every game. 

Not just mad that we drafted him, but mad subsequent years afterwards.

I'm starting to have a good feeling this is going to be an "I told you so" scenario against those people who were against OJ. This is why you don't judge prospects without actual proof.

• Cheers 4

10 hours ago, The Lock said:

Not just mad that we drafted him, but mad subsequent years afterwards.

I'm starting to have a good feeling this is going to be an "I told you so" scenario against those people who were against OJ. This is why you don't judge prospects without actual proof.

For sure.  Also, it's important to understand the impact that injuries (and recovery) have such an impact on athletes; especially developing athletes.  Just seeing how long it has taken Boeser to come back from his injuries is an eyeopener. The last couple of years many fans thought he should be traded.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/14/2021 at 3:30 PM, Canucksince99 said:

Lol I remember when everyone was mad that we drafted him. If we drafted someone else who knows if we’d be with the guys we drafted after. Mad respect to OJ for continuously grinding and getting better every game. 

my wife and I were at the draft party at Rogers Arena when OJ was picked. People all around us were thrilled "we going to get Tkachuk" and then THUD, Jim pick Juolevi. The shock and disappointment by many in there was palpable. 

I didn't want Tkatpuke, I'm old enough to remember his dad and couldn't stand the sob and didn't want his loser kid here. I was hoping Edmonton would pick OJ and we'd get Puljujarvi. Really Edmonton should have picked OJ, they so desperately needed a top pairing d prospect. 

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Fun fact, Olli had 18:59 TOI in yesterday's game, more than Benn and Hughes.

I saw that and thought it was a great show of confidence from Green.  He is showing exactly the set of skills we drafted him for.  If it weren't for injuries, he would have had more confidence and joined earlier.  He is not getting points yet, but I am enjoying his play as much as Hoglander.  I think he will be the next Edler/Salo. A great all around player who is even-keeled and you can just trust in all situations. Stay tuned!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2