The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

On 5/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, UnkNuk said:

From the BC Government's Covid-19 website:

Booking invitations are sent from the Get Vaccinated provincial registration system. You must be registered with the system to get an invitation.

If you are missing your second dose booking invitation, you must register with the system once. This includes people who booked their first dose before April 6 through a health authority call centre:

More information at:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2

I wasn't sure of the date, thank you!

Moderna joins Pfizer in seeking full FDA approval.  Then, all those anti-vaxxers crowing about emergency use authorization will have to come up with a new talking point.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/01/moderna-seeks-full-fda-approval-of-its-covid-19-vaccine-491481

Moderna seeks full FDA approval of its Covid-19 vaccine

The company is the second vaccine maker to seek full approval from U.S. regulators.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Moderna joins Pfizer in seeking full FDA approval.  Then, all those anti-vaxxers crowing about emergency use authorization will have to come up with a new talking point.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/01/moderna-seeks-full-fda-approval-of-its-covid-19-vaccine-491481

Moderna seeks full FDA approval of its Covid-19 vaccine

The company is the second vaccine maker to seek full approval from U.S. regulators.

The "Emergency use" talking point was always such a silly one.  The medical community should just change the term to something else, that means the same thing.  

• Cheers 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:44 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

There seems to be enough uncertainty that folks like Anthony Fauci are considering it.

Excerpt from a BBC article titled "Covid origin: Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory is being taken seriously"

"That possibility certainly exists, and I am totally in favour of a full investigation of whether that could have happened," Anthony Fauci, President Biden's chief medical adviser, told the US senate committee on 11 May.

This new interest in Wuhan isn't centered around an intentional leak, but more so an accidental one that the CCP covered up. There is proof that the scientists at the WIV were working on a bat coronavirus at the time. 

Allegedly sick? Please.

US intelligence found that three researchers at a lab in Wuhan, China, became sick with COVID-19 symptoms in November 2019 and sought hospital care, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/3-wuhan-lab-workers-hospitalized-fall-2019-coronavirus-covid-origin-2021-5

Please do explain how three lab workers were tested for Covid in November 2019, when this sickness at the time was thought to have been pneumonia, and hadn't been named yet.

So, fair enough, let's say that the WHO is on the level.

Also from the same Business Insider article:

WHO, however, also said it did not have access to all the necessary information. That has prompted some experts to be wary of the findings and demand more investigations into the virus' origin, including the possibility that it leaked from the Wuhan lab, which studies coronaviruses.

These tweets are very interesting, but as they're tweets from individuals, they're really nothing more than anecdotal evidence. Had these been from a scientific body, they'd have a lot more credibility. Peter Daszak is the president of Eco Health Alliance, which has been directly involved in the gain of function experiments in Wuhan, through funding made available by the National Institute for Health (NIH). His word is compromised to say the least, and the WHO choosing him as one of the scientists to visit Wuhan to search out the origins of Covid is suspect.

Fauci and Collins both think it is likely of natural origin. They are just saying your can't disprove a negative.  Most scientists are saying you can't rule it out, but that doesn't mean there is evidence for it. There are still no facts to support it. Just speculation.  To say you should investigate all possibilities including lab accidents, is not saying lab accident is the most likely scenario. 

You can test lab workers that were sick back in Nov by doing serology tests looking for antibodies. They were tested, and all were negative.  People getting sick in middle of a respiratory illness season is nothing unusual. People will say they are lying, what else can you do?  From most genetic evaluation, it is likely SARS-COV-2 enter the human population no earlier than Oct 2019.  So there is already community spread in Nov.  There are two variants already in Dec.  Meanwhile they are plenty of evidence of natural bat SARS-related coronaviruses and spillover events including exposures in rural Chinese farmers at 3% positivity.  SARS is basically COVID-02 and MERS is COVID-12.  Nature is telling us something.  It will be dangerous to dismiss a natural origin.  Politicization will most likely ensure that the true origin will be harder to be elucidated. 

Origin of HIV took decades to figure out. Many believed it was a US bioweapon.  MERS took at least a year, SARS a few years. Ebola origin is still not found, although bats are suspected. 

Lab accidents in the past have happen, but they are known viruses. There is no evidence that SARS-COV-2 was discovered or characterized prior to the pandemic. The closest known virus is 96% identical, but that is still too different. It's almost like saying orangutan is the same as humans. 

Daszak is a reasonable person. He does have experience working with the WIV and one of the reason he was chosen is because he is trusted by Chinese scientists.  He has made it publics that he gave his opinion last after everyone has given their opinion. Getting cooperation from Chinese officials is critical.  Going into a foreign country like the Iranian nuclear inspection isn't going to work. 

This interview with a coronavirus researcher that published on SARS-COV-2 origins is pretty good.   He debunks many conspiracy theories. 

• Thanks 2

NACI posted the latest recommendations. 

NACI recommends that:

o Persons who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine

may receive either AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine or an mRNA vaccine

(Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) for their second dose, unless contraindicated.

o Persons who received a first dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or

Moderna) should be offered the same mRNA vaccine for their second dose. If

the same mRNA vaccine is not readily available or unknown, another mRNA

vaccine can be considered interchangeable and should be offered to complete

the vaccine series.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/summary-interchangeability-authorized-covid-19-vaccines-en.pdf

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

NACI posted the latest recommendations. 

NACI recommends that:

o Persons who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine

may receive either AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine or an mRNA vaccine

(Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) for their second dose, unless contraindicated.

o Persons who received a first dose of an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or

Moderna) should be offered the same mRNA vaccine for their second dose. If

the same mRNA vaccine is not readily available or unknown, another mRNA

vaccine can be considered interchangeable and should be offered to complete

the vaccine series.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci/summary-interchangeability-authorized-covid-19-vaccines-en.pdf

Thanks for posting, the question I have is what is the time frame in between shots if someone had the AstraZeneca for their 1st dose but want to get an MRNA 2nd dose shot? Is it still 8 weeks apart? My mother in law wants to try and be fully vaccinated before our child is born but she has called pharmacies in Kelowna and they told her she has to wait a longer time due to having the Astra shot as it shows better results if you get the 2nd Astra shot around 12 weeks apart but she is now able to get the 2nd shot being an MRNA, what will the interval time be if she wants a pfizer or moderna?

40 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Thanks for posting, the question I have is what is the time frame in between shots if someone had the AstraZeneca for their 1st dose but want to get an MRNA 2nd dose shot? Is it still 8 weeks apart? My mother in law wants to try and be fully vaccinated before our child is born but she has called pharmacies in Kelowna and they told her she has to wait a longer time due to having the Astra shot as it shows better results if you get the 2nd Astra shot around 12 weeks apart but she is now able to get the 2nd shot being an MRNA, what will the interval time be if she wants a pfizer or moderna?

That’s a really good question.  I think dr. Bonnie recently said the Astra Vaccine (first shot) becomes more effective nearer the 12 weeks, so the second dose (no matter which vaccine) is delayed to boost the effectiveness of that first Astra dose.  I’m probably wrong, but I though she said that.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That’s a really good question.  I think dr. Bonnie recently said the Astra Vaccine (first shot) becomes more effective nearer the 12 weeks, so the second dose (no matter which vaccine) is delayed to boost the effectiveness of that first Astra dose.  I’m probably wrong, but I though she said that.  

BC might be different.  But Alberta is going to shorten the second dose to 8 weeks, if they want AZ or an mRNA.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I do know she mentioned the Astra was better with a longer wait period inbetween doses, just unsure if that was if 2nd dose  was Astra as well or not

9 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Couldn't have happened to a better person.   Embedded in the article are a number of his greatest COVID-19 hits.  

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/anti-vax-covid-19-conspiracy-theorist-rick-wiles-hospitalized-with-covid-19/

Anti-Vax COVID-19 Conspiracy Theorist Rick Wiles Hospitalized With COVID-19

Sounds like a lovely man after reading that article.... Guess god may have sent the death angel after him!

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Couldn't have happened to a better person.   Embedded in the article are a number of his greatest COVID-19 hits.  

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/anti-vax-covid-19-conspiracy-theorist-rick-wiles-hospitalized-with-covid-19/

Anti-Vax COVID-19 Conspiracy Theorist Rick Wiles Hospitalized With COVID-19

Two lines jumped out at me:

The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off,” Wiles added.

and this one:

...anyone who dared to mock Wiles at this moment was only adding fuel to “their flames of torment in hell.”

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, gurn said:

I am never certain about these kinds of people.:

does Wiles believe the crap he spews or

does he say crap to make money

or is it both?

He comes off as a true believer to me....

The "for profit" crowd are mainly in Congress and Faux News.....

• Upvote 2