The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

the late 90s was a MESS too. 

Late 80's, people used to wear bags on their heads at games. Was nuts.

We have 2 main D out, and now Chatfield, is the one of our youth who seems to be the most defensively sound.

Really weird, we all thought our D was so solid going into the season, but right now, we have allowed more goals against than any other team in the league.

I think we need a few days of practice and systems play, but the frustrating part is, we're not going to get that until sometime in late March due to schedule.

Not much we can do about it!

That’s it. I’ve had enough. It’s time for JB to be fired.

I did not like this off season whatsoever.

He let go the MVP of the team in Markstrom and let go one of the best bang for your buck forwards in TT.

Thats 10M in salary they could have obtained from not signing Holtby (4.5) , JV (2) and packaging Sutter (4.5) with a second pick for a bag of pucks. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TNucks1 said:

yeah cause having 3 rookie D in the line up is set up for success, tanev wouldnt of helped this mess.

I mean, isn’t that what people want?  Replacing our veterans guys with bad contracts, with rookies?

This is the results, when we do that

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Listening to Sat last night on 650...

He made it seem like Benning went to ownership with a plan (including buyout, walking away from RFA's) to try to hold onto Marky/Toff/exc but got nixed in these Covid times.

I really hope this doesn’t mean we wont see a change in assistant coaches. 

Defensive systems are terrible

pk other than 2 games has been terrible and offensive systems are too much about the dump and chase