The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | February 19, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I wish we had one tough guy....just one.  It's time.  We need someone dirty who does that stuff for fun.  I'm tired of our young guys getting targeted.  So so so tired of it.

We do, his name is MacEwen, just Green elects not to use him go figure. :wacko:

Man I miss Dorsett, sure he didn't win many fights, but he always made the opposition accountable and always took the beating even if it meant protecting his teammates. Man we miss a warrior like him in our lineup. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, captainhorvat said:

One win away from western conference finals and now we are f’n dogsh*t and most likely gonna miss the playoffs...fml

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

Don’t say that!  We are clearly going to make it... don’t let objective reality and the standings the get in the way of your feelings !

I mean, isn’t that what we are supposed to do on this forum?

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Is it though?

Beagle's had more of an edge, Myers has shown (Armia) that he can have an edge, we got MacEwen who'll fight, Hoglander has an edge (that we'll see more of I'm sure), Boeser/Miller/Pearson/Horvat/Sutter aren't scrappy but get into the dirty areas & win battles, and now we have Juolevi stepping up on guys in open ice. 

I do think we need to get MacEwen in the lineup full time, and replace guys like Jake/Loui. Plus Podkolzin will definitely help. 

I guess it depends what we are talking about by "soft". 

The only thing I'd fault Green on the toughness front is not dressing MacEwen every night, he's part of the future - we need him in there. Aside from that he's dressing the grit we have.. unless I'm totally blanking on someone, Chatfield has an edge but are you really taking Juolevi our right now? Not me.

Maybe Hawryluk? Wouldn't mind him getting a look. 

Some players will never get benched but the usual suspect are not playing that badly to get benched - not yet....

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Wished Dorsett was still playing 

So sad what happened with him. He was amazing.

Never forget that opener where he & Sutter shutdown McDavid. 

Its the ultimate tribute to Dorse that in a short time as a Nuck he meant so much for the Sedins to give their last game puck to him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Is it though?

Beagle's had more of an edge, Myers has shown (Armia) that he can have an edge, we got MacEwen who'll fight, Hoglander has an edge (that we'll see more of I'm sure), Boeser/Miller/Pearson/Horvat/Sutter aren't scrappy but get into the dirty areas & win battles, and now we have Juolevi stepping up on guys in open ice. 

I do think we need to get MacEwen in the lineup full time, and replace guys like Jake/Loui. Plus Podkolzin will definitely help. 

I guess it depends what we are talking about by "soft". 

The only thing I'd fault Green on the toughness front is not dressing MacEwen every night, he's part of the future - we need him in there. Aside from that he's dressing the grit we have.. unless I'm totally blanking on someone, Chatfield has an edge but are you really taking Juolevi our right now? Not me.

Maybe Hawryluk? Wouldn't mind him getting a look. 

I want more edge, and even a little step over it here and there. IE, I wish one of our D pulled a Forbert on an opposing player once and awhile. 

Trust me i am not suggesting the ego rich refs will ever be swayed by s yelling coach but the point is the players see that and they see passion and fire and that is contagious 

it also fosters and “us against the world” attitude 

instead we are quiet, passive and soft

and people wonder why 

think you need big guys to play mean? Look no further than Hogs? 

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

i dont know man...this is not all on green.  Sure I have my gripes with him but is he the one making Gaudette miss an open net, or is he the one that cant make miller make a saucer pass that would have setup a one on one scoring chance, or is he the one that made edler skate in mud when Schaffhole walkk around him, or is he the one making Petey fall more often than not.

I have some criticisms of the PP and how they defend, but some of this is on the players too.

D and special teams need new coaching for sure, but anyways.

I find the over-passing nature of the Canucks just way too frustrating. I thought when the Sedin's left and Brock was coming in, we might see a little more more "me first" offense. Shots are rarely a bad thing.. but now Sedinitis is so deeply rooted into this team we've got Tyler Myers trying to be a playmaker from the top of the circle.

It's like the "no, you can take have the puck" mentality of the D system, mixed with a heritage of oversharing in the O zone has created a culture of players who actually believe passing is better than shooting.

But whatever. We could use another high draft pick.

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

One win away from western conference finals and now we are f’n dogsh*t and most likely gonna miss the playoffs...fml

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

Let's look at the bright side.  We are on target for a top 10 draft pick.  We had too much turnover in the off season and we'll take a step back but I bet we'll be much better next year (fingers crossed).