The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Beside the great games by Bo Hoggy and Holtby the big story tonight was the contribution by so many depth players.

We had Petey Beagle Virt Demko Schmidt Juolevi Rathbone Highmore all sitting on the sidelines.

This team has about 28 guys who can pitch in and play.

That is a great thing for an up and coming team!

If they make the playoffs look out.  That depth could be very important and difficult for opponents to handle.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, apollo said:

What a beauty!

Legit got some tears of joy watching this. I'm 29 and I feel like he's my son :lol:

Watching him grow... Hoge Hoge! :P 

Were so blessed Jim snagged him for us... Despite what Judd bracket was lobbying for! Jim stood his ground because he's THE ORACLE! 

Where are the village idiots?

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I know it's just one game but could you just imagine the Canucks manage to grab the 4th spot after sitting out 3 weeks and dispatch the Leafs from the opening round? What a storyline that could be.

I'm just going to bed now. I hope this is my dream for tonight. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Do you mean gose (I think) aka a sour beer. 

I do like sour beer but usually too lite on the alcohol % 

If I am having beer, I want flavour

Good call

Hazy pales for crush-ability

• Cheers 1

Holtby ! Man we needed you to find some game, this season his confidence has been lost, so that was Great to see, maybe this reset has helped him find some mojo.  Hopefully that type of game gives the whole team some confidence in the upcoming battles regardless of who's back there. 

Horvat comes up clutch. A statement game for him showcasing why he's wearing the C. 

Proud of the Canucks tonight not for the win but for the level of compete and give a Sh!t they all showcased, even a notch higher than last season's playoffs considering who they were missing from the roster tonight and playing the number one team in the division...... oh yeah and not to mention the Covid!!

Bravo Canucks !

love it !

Edited by Bertorama
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

He didn’t stick his leg out, it was just out the whole time. There was no intent. More of a brain fart then anything. Timing was definitely off for Eddie from the start of the game.

I don’t think it should be a suspension but who knows 

It reminds me of when Edler got suspended for hitting Hertl up high. He doesn’t really go out of his way to hit the guy, but he doesn’t do anything to avoid it. He didn’t really do anything malicious. Thought it was weird when they were showing examples of kneeing on the broadcast, none of which were similar to what eagle did. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1