The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sure they do.  Didn't you know, according to WAR, Alex freaking Steen was the best player in the league for a couple of years? Around when  Crosby was winning cups and Smythe's etc 

What’s that old saying ? …. There are three types of lies ….. lies, damn lies, and statistics.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Not sure if this was posted already, but at least one writer in toronto thought this was a win for Canucks:

https://editorinleaf.com/2021/07/25/toronto-maple-leafs-boat-trade/

Partial quote:

Jay Beagle, Antoine Rousell, Loui Eriksson and a 1st round pick is the haul that the Coyotes took from Vancouver; I’m not entirely sure what Arizona is doing this off season. No matter what their plan is though, Dubas and the Toronto Maple Leafs should be taking advantage of this apparent fire sale.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Gotta say, EKMAN-LARSSON on the back of a Canucks sweater will look real good.  

I'd say, right now, in a weaker Pacific division, the Canucks will be a playoff team next season.  The next couple of moves could really improve the team, defensively. Adding OEL is good, and re-signing Hamonic too, but they need more on D. More size and snarl please. 

Hakanpaa!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. People need to stop tuning in to the one note style of sports journalism that the majority of clowns in Vancouver offer.

Fans would do themselves a favor by looking at the team with some objectivity rather than the innate bitterness that seemingly permeates so much of how the team and organization is perceived. The team is already considerably better than they were a month ago, and free agency is coming up in a couple of days. AND Brad Shaw is on the coaching staff.

What is not to like about the Canucks present situation? Nothing really. I'm excited for the season to start.

A lot of fans lack objectivity because they do not follow other NHL teams to acquire wider perspectives. A lot of fans also never worked in industries that exposed them to risk assessment and risk management, strategic decision makings, corporate hierarchies and communications. Then again, I find fans in general know more about hockey than voters know about politics and policies. The average fan is still way more knowledgeable than the average voter:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The 'lunatic fringe' I believe Burke called them. Bieksa called out the media months ago aswell. Plus Epp now.

It's becoming transparent throughout the league how negative/toxic this market is.

Th Lunatic Fringe .

That reminds me of an awful Hair-metal club that once existed in Vancouver. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

A lot of fans lack objectivity because they do not follow other NHL teams to acquire wider perspectives. A lot of fans also never worked in industries that exposed them to risk assessment and risk management, strategic decision makings, corporate hierarchies and communications. Then again, I find fans in general know more about hockey than voters know about politics and policies. The average fan is still way more knowledgeable than the average voter:lol:

Good points. 

37 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. People need to stop tuning in to the one note style of sports journalism that the majority of clowns in Vancouver offer.

Fans would do themselves a favor by looking at the team with some objectivity rather than the innate bitterness that seemingly permeates so much of how the team and organization is perceived. The team is already considerably better than they were a month ago, and free agency is coming up in a couple of days. AND Brad Shaw is on the coaching staff.

What is not to like about the Canucks present situation? Nothing really. I'm excited for the season to start.

I think that the fans are alright, they are passionate, sometimes negative, sometimes silly but for the most part the majority love their team. 

The media however has become complete trash.

People do need to stop tuning in to send them a message, but I wonder if there is any thing else that can be done to let them know that they are losing the true core of the fanbase?

My idea is slaps to the face.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I think that the fans are alright, they are passionate, sometimes negative, sometimes silly but for the most part the majority love their team. 

The majority of fans are well read, for sure. I should clarify that I'm referencing the types that repeat the local media nonsense word for word. 

For the most part it truly is. 

People do need to stop tuning in to send them a message, but I wonder if there is any thing else that can be done to let them know that they are losing the true core of the fanbase?

That would be a solid idea. 

• Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

With fish? I’m on it.

4A20BEF4-DC97-4FFF-AC76-93CEA248FF71.gif

• Haha 3