The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Sam Malinski

5 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I am of the thought that we have enough small Dmen, and unless we sign him, after Jake Livingstone, or Livingstone signs else where, we are just as well off signing Bear, and signing a  bigger UFA dman. We have to get some size on that back end, to compliment Hughes, not create another problem. I say better to over pay Livingstone to a 3 year deal, rather than to add another midget.

Sure sign him.........but he is not a priority!

I mean he is 5’11 190lbs, which is the same size as Fox, Makar, Morrisey, Hronek, etc.

The more RHD the better. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I am of the thought that we have enough small Dmen, and unless we sign him, after Jake Livingstone, or Livingstone signs else where, we are just as well off signing Bear, and signing a  bigger UFA dman. We have to get some size on that back end, to compliment Hughes, not create another problem. I say better to over pay Livingstone to a 3 year deal, rather than to add another midget.

Sure sign him.........but he is not a priority!

definitely need some guys who can play defense and punish opposing forwards as well. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I mean he is 5’11 190lbs, which is the same size as Fox, Makar, Morrisey, Hronek, etc.

The more RHD the better. 

I get what you mean Odd, and like I said, sure sign him, but we need Livingstones size more........... and if he was a Fox, Makar etc...........he would be costing a whole lot more than we would want to pay.........(I know that is not what you meant, but those guys are super skilled, which is why they get away with being small)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I get what you mean Odd, and like I said, sure sign him, but we need Livingstones size more........... and if he was a Fox, Makar etc...........he would be costing a whole lot more than we would want to pay.........(I know that is not what you meant, but those guys are super skilled, which is why they get away with being small)

I cringed when I saw Makar's reaction to that hit that put him in protocol. He initiated the hit. AV's must be having fits with both Makar and Byram both with concussion issues. Byram has 17 games played this year. I think Hughes sat out 3 games on protocol last year? Not sure about that. Rare that you see Hughes take a heavy hit. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

This is the guy we should be doing everything to get here

They are.

They’ll have 31 other teams to compete with though.

Hopefully the hometown connection and the opportunity to play with Hughes is enough. We went down this road with Schultz before and it didn’t exactly go our way. Maybe this time will be different.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Moe Knows said:

Yeah impressive but we don't need another QH type we need a younger more moblle Luke Schenn type RHD

We are a capped out 26th place team with an awful prospect pool.  Don't kid yourself, we need everything.  Any free asset is worth a look.

• Thanks 1