The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Marner is the Leaf’s best forward.  He’s led them in scoring two years in a row.  He even kills penalties, which shows how good he plays defensively.  It’s not Marner’s fault Dubass way overpaid Princess Willie, and Pretty Face Auston.  Marner deserves more than Matthews, who got 11.5 over five years.  If the Leafs are trying to get Marner to sign UFA years, then the cap dollar has to go up.  12 million per for 7 or 8 years.  11.5 for five years.  Dubass set the bar.  Marner leaped over that bar, and cleared it be a lot.  The guy deserves to be paid fairly.  Blame Dubass. 

Alf I was replying to you with the above post too - it’s not as simple as that - and if it is see the examples above of two players excepting the same money when one is clearly the better player.  All these deals made them filthy rich too.

edit: ugh new page so I will make it easy for you - these guys all signed the same deals Crosby/Malkin, Perry/Getzlaf, Kane/Toews, Parise/Suter (7.55 x 13ish with full NMC wow) at the time one was clearly the better player in some cases others it was debatable. 

With MM he gets to play with Tavares, how many points would AM get playing with him? - their PP is sick so I’m guessing a LOT.   AM is also a Center - and he’s a big body (although he doesn’t use it enough) that looks to be a goal scorer too ... I think Dubas jumped the gun with him because of Nylander - if he waited until the season is out instead of signing him after a huge hot streak (20 goals in 11 games or so) his contract would be at least 1.5 million less maybe more.  He didn’t and it’s costing his club big time (he should be fired - in fact other GMs should be boycotting him until he is given the damage he’s done to the league with both these deals).  

Edit:  oh and Austin doesn’t have a pretty face no matter how hard he tries  to dress (he’s up there with Subban when it comes to clothing), you can’t fix ugly.   Imagine if in the middle of the night he was in your room, you wake up and see him smiling right infront of your face - it’s a horrible thought.   Call him Scary Face Austin please - there is something not quite right with it, he looks like the guy that hangs around elementary schools in sweat pants during recess.

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Alf I was replying to you with the above post too - it’s not as simple as that - and if it is see the examples above of two players excepting the same money when one is clearly the better player.  All these deals made them filthy rich too.

edit: ugh new page so I will make it easy for you - these guys all signed the same deals Crosby/Malkin, Perry/Getzlaf, Kane/Toews, Parise/Suter (7.55 x 13ish with full NMC wow) at the time one was clearly the better player in some cases others it was debatable. 

With MM he gets to play with Tavares, how many points would AM get playing with him? - their PP is sick so I’m guessing a LOT.   AM is also a Center - and he’s a big body (although he doesn’t use it enough) that looks to be a goal scorer too ... I think Dubas jumped the gun with him because of Nylander - if he waited until the season is out instead of signing him after a huge hot streak (20 goals in 11 games or so) his contract would be at least 1.5 million less maybe more.  He didn’t and it’s costing his club big time (he should be fired - in fact other GMs should be boycotting him until he is given the damage he’s done to the league with both these deals).  

Edit:  oh and Austin doesn’t have a pretty face no matter how hard he tries  to dress (he’s up there with Subban when it comes to clothing), you can’t fix ugly.   Imagine if in the middle of the night he was in your room, you wake up and see him smiling right infront of your face - it’s a horrible thought.   Call him Scary Face Austin please - there is something not quite right with it, he looks like the guy that hangs around elementary schools in sweat pants during recess.

He's got such wide nostrils he can finish an 8 ball in one go

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, kloubek said:

I am really quite suprised Brock isn't signed yet. It is really best for all if he is signed asap, and he just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would hold out for an extra .5 or 1m when we all know at the end of his term the guy is getting PAID.

Additionally, I feel Benning is typically pretty generous with his contracts (sometimes TOO generous) so I can only predict his agent is the one holding things up in trying to wait to get him top dollar.  

I know the story with his father, but I would really like him to step in and tell his agent to get it done. We are all trying to be understanding here, but between missing camp and tarnishing his upstanding image, I just don't see how this is worth it. Eventually fans will start to view him as Nylanderesque, and nobody wants that.

Image already ruined.

Trade him to the highest bidder if he still refuse to sign by start of pre-season.

Let him be a problem child for another team. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stawns said:

Agents, obviously, play a big part, but ultimately the players are the ones who make the final call.  I think agents may lead them to believe they have more leverage than they do.

Regarding Marner, he's one who does deserve big money, but it should still be in the $8mish range........dumbass blew this one big time.

The sad part is, one of my work colleagues and huge leaves fan truly thinks dumbass is a top GM in the league.

You deserve more money than your work colleague.

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, stawns said:

Agents, obviously, play a big part, but ultimately the players are the ones who make the final call.  I think agents may lead them to believe they have more leverage than they do.

Regarding Marner, he's one who does deserve big money, but it should still be in the $8mish range........dumbass blew this one big time.

The sad part is, one of my work colleagues and huge leaves fan truly thinks dumbass is a top GM in the league.

Here is the rocket scientists answer to contract negotiations and screwing up the whole system because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.  Typical Toronto mentality:

Matthews:

image.thumb.png.75fc6a90cae9fc749a827dbd57b8a6d4.png

Tavares:

image.thumb.png.3fd439cdcb992f54d5a583d6deaaa6c9.png

Nylander:

image.thumb.png.9a76c7e2edabb0244eb39a77f3f17644.png

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Here is the rocket scientists answer to contract negotiations and screwing up the whole system because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.  Typical Toronto mentality:

Matthews:

image.thumb.png.75fc6a90cae9fc749a827dbd57b8a6d4.png

Tavares:

image.thumb.png.3fd439cdcb992f54d5a583d6deaaa6c9.png

Nylander:

image.thumb.png.9a76c7e2edabb0244eb39a77f3f17644.png

3 guys, 40% C.H.%

wow....

BB is beginning to piss me off re the negotiations. We have a recent example of Edler who took less for the sake of the team and wanting to be here. I wonder what some of the vets are thinking about the whole thing. Business is Business but at some point your golden boy image will begin to Tarnish with the fan base. You are not an 8 million dollar a year player, I would not pay you 7 but I bet the nux will.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

3 guys, 40% C.H.%

wow....

Ya , and he expected Marner to be ok with him giving those two guys those contracts but expecting him to take way less. What a joke. If Matthew's and Tavares really wanted to build a winner , they would have left more on the table.  I'd be pissed if I was Marner too. " hey mitch , we gave these two guys your money so ur guna have to take less?" Dumbass really thought that would work? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Ya , and he expected Marner to be ok with him giving those two guys those contracts but expecting him to take way less. What a joke. If Matthew's and Tavares really wanted to build a winner , they would have left more on the table.  I'd be pissed if I was Marner too. " hey mitch , we gave these two guys your money so ur guna have to take less?" Dumbass really thought that would work? 

Tavares was a UFA, he took a team friendly deal for the Islanders. They did nothing to support him with a winner. He put in the time and earned his payout. I have no problem with Tavares' contract and he played up to the level of it. Matthews' contract is a joke, just like Nylander's though. Matthews took a 5 year deal and is likely walking as a UFA as soon as he can't. I doubt he has any commitment to Toronto. They should've traded him for a king's ransom since they didn't (couldn't) move Nylander.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

BB is beginning to piss me off re the negotiations. We have a recent example of Edler who took less for the sake of the team and wanting to be here. I wonder what some of the vets are thinking about the whole thing. Business is Business but at some point your golden boy image will begin to Tarnish with the fan base. You are not an 8 million dollar a year player, I would not pay you 7 but I bet the nux will.

we should scare him and put out a fake rumour of us trading him to Winnipeg for Laine... see how fast he signs lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Accorfing to TSN overdrive Boeser turned down 7 mill 6 years. 

What the heck is going on. GMs need to start pulling offers and play hardball with these guys. 

Bring it down to 6.5 mill 6 yrs and say take it or sit the season. 

If he turned that down trade him to Minny so he can be closer to his family. Ill take Dumba plus coming back our way.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

we should scare him and put out a fake rumour of us trading him to Winnipeg for Laine... see how fast he signs lol

Its still an 8 & 1/2 hour drive.  But it is close to home, as close as he can get without us trading him to Minnesota.

People should let it play out without hanging to much sh!t on the players.  Some guys deserve it.  Boeser has been a model citizen. Has said he loves it here, is happy to stay long term.

I don't advocate overpaying him to be here.  just letting it play out without drama.  Drama queen's in Candaian markets, fans & media, are a deterrent to many players playing North of the border. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Accorfing to TSN overdrive Boeser turned down 7 mill 6 years. 

What the heck is going on. GMs need to start pulling offers and play hardball with these guys. 

Bring it down to 6.5 mill 6 yrs and say take it or sit the season. 

RFAs like Boeser are likely betting on themselves to produce more as their career goes on and inflation rises. Look at Nathan McKinnon, signs a 7 year deal at a high cap in 2016 and a couple years later it’s highway robbery. 

Long term deals no longer make sense for young talented players. Austin Matthews just reinforced that.