The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

45 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

It promotes violence and destruction and is no better than ANTIFA. Both share extreme left ideologies and literally want to destroy America at its roots. Glad I don’t live down there because I will put money on it that this election will bring civil war. 

So here’s the thing. 
If they are re-elected, they’ll turn Nazi fast.

If they can keep this to civil unrest, then they may turn toward Canada.

Hitler is back and Canada may well be the Sudetenland of this Era.

He said as much as a joke in a pre-election convention. In justifying getting out of expensive wars overseas, Trump passed a meat cookie to his rabid fans and insinuated that invading Canada would be less costly with an on-brand arrogant testing-the-crowd quote “Should we invade Canada?” to which thankfully the people that formed the crowd was too dumb to even register what the hell the Orange atrocity had just said and just cheered on queue.

Take away everything from everyone but let them have their guns.

The subsequent love crumbs will be spectacular. I expect Trumpspacecopters to shoot Southernglag ice cream to beggars long removed from a life once worth living.

Civil War or Invasion, this is a world changing election either way.

Edited by Me_

8 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

It totally depends on what actually happened.  The video doesn't give any other context, like threats to the officers  , threats to the kids in the car if some nature  , exct. What transpired before hand ..... like nothing other then the shots and him being black are being covered extensively at all. That's not ok to me.

It is clear from the video that verbal commands were not being obeyed.  However, that alone doesn't necessarily justify the chosen use of force i.e firing his weapon.  Use of force is a discretionary process.  For example, it is common within police departments to identify 3 key conditions that justify use of force (1) weapon (2) intent (3) delivery/means of use.  So for example, you have plenty of cases where weapons are involved, but (2) and (3) arnt necessarily satisfied i.e someone may have a weapon but it's not clear as to whether they intend to use it and how.   So in the Blake case, it's legitimate to question whether those conditions were satisfied to exercise use of lethal force.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I suppose we will see as more comes out. We will likely never actually know because there will be 2 stories.  If the man reached for a knife after being tasered with kids in his car this is a much different story.

Right.

Two stories.

A black one, and a white one.

7 minutes ago, sassbs said:

White people aren’t the only ones who are racist.  It goes both ways.  Everyone’s racist to some degree.  But this lady needs her wig to be pulled out from her head!  

as far as 7 shots is concerned.   I feel that is due to panic and lack of experience.  1 or 2 shots would suffice but when the adrenaline is pumping + fear, crap happens.   How many police officers actually fired their weapon in the field?  Not many I bet. 

1 or 2 shots is a Hollywood thing. It’s very rare for police to shoot to wound, if they belive there is a threat to life why would they look to injure as it doesn’t eliminate the threat they see. They are trained to empty the clip and to kill 

it’s easy to pontificate over how many shots. The real question is , should the gun have been fired or not, not how many times was it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

This is absolutely the best thing that could happen to the Canucks. The rest will help immensely. They have played every other night for some time with a couple back to backs. like 12 game s in 23 nights. thats insane and so like the  NHL to use covid as an excuse to rush through these series. How did they go from St Louis in 6 . To only 1 day off between Vegas. Now thats so NHL towards Vancouver,. it does not surprise me at all Vancouver was all over this opportunity to get a rest. And be a good cause at the same time. This looks like the year for hoisting Lord Stanley>   

3 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

And I know this is a thread about the game but since it has been postponed and we all seem to be sharing our views let me tell you about my young daughter's run in with the police.

Her and her boyfriend who she was living with at the time had a huge argument - both had been drinking and she became very distraught and said she wanted to kill herself. She went and had a bath and her boyfriend called the police. He had my ex-wife's phone number and his girlfriends sister's number but he chose to call the police. She was crying in her room when the police showed up and they proceeded to drag her naked out of the house even as she protested and appeared suicidal and asked them to take her to the hospital. They told her she was just drunk and berated her while taking her to the police station. She spent the night in a cell wearing basically a gunny sack for clothes and was not monitored or offered medical intervention. Her mother and her sister went down and pleaded with the officers to release her as she had not been aggressive at all to her boyfriend nor had she done any property damage or shown any aggression towards her boyfriend or the officers.They refused and would not give her medical attention even though she had called her mother and expressed the same suicidal thoughts. She does not share this story as she is so ashamed of what they did to her and she is caucasian. I can only imagine what they have done to indigenous people and other minorities if this is how they treated her. While this is not just a issue for minorities the fact remains they are disproportionately abused by police officers compared to white people. 

IT SHOULD NOT TAKE SOMEONE GETTING SHOT AND?OR KILLED  for us to have the conversation that there needs to be reform in our various police forces!

That’s horrific. The issue once again is the police. Not all of them, mind you, but more than a fringe element. While I do know cops personally, I also have seen horrific actions by police similar to what you have seen and it’s a massive problem. 

Any officer who would do what was done to your daughter should be summarily fired. No doubt. That’s barbaric and predatory. By your account, there was no attempt to understand your daughter’s mental state at the time, just protocol applied to a call. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

It is clear from the video that verbal commands were not being obeyed.  However, that alone doesn't necessarily justify the chosen use of force i.e firing his weapon.  Use of force is a discretionary process.  For example, it is common within police departments to identify 3 key conditions that justify use of force (1) weapon (2) intent (3) delivery/means of use.  So for example, you have plenty of cases where weapons are involved, but (2) and (3) arnt necessarily satisfied i.e someone may have a weapon but it's not clear as to whether they intend to use it and how.   So in the Blake case, it's legitimate to question whether those conditions were satisfied to exercise use of lethal force.  

100% ....but not many are asking the question,  just branding it rasist with very little context. That's my point .

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That’s horrific. The issue once again is the police. Not all of them, mind you, but more than a fringe element. While I do know cops personally, I also have seen horrific actions by police similar to what you have seen and it’s a massive problem. 

Any officer who would do what was done to your daughter should be summarily fired. No doubt. That’s barbaric and predatory. By your account, there was no attempt to understand your daughter’s mental state at the time, just protocol applied to a call. 

Happens more than we think apparently :(

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/police-wellness-check-alternatives-1.5637169

Living with bipolar disorder for 25 years has led Bill Pringle to dark places. Along the way, he said he has gained insight into how police handle mental health crises and what needs to change in their approach.

The Saskatoon man has had eight suicide attempts, which sometimes included interacting with police officers.

Once, he was treated as though he had committed a crime. In another instance, he described police as having a reassuring effect. "The difference in training was very evident," Pringle said.

During one of his earlier suicide attempts, years ago while living in Vancouver, he said the police "essentially accused me of attention-seeking and would not call an ambulance for me."

Instead, Pringle said, he was handcuffed and taken to the hospital where he eventually overdosed, which resulted in him being ejected from the facility. "I have never really gotten past that incident," he said.

But he credited Saskatoon police for being "calm and considerate" during a more recent suicide attempt. "They spent time with me while I was waiting for the ambulance to come. They even followed the ambulance to the hospital to make sure that I was safe and OK." 

Police responses to mental health crises have come under scrutiny following the recent deaths of Ejaz Choudry, Chantel Moore, Regis Korchinski-Paquet, and D'Andre Campbell, prompting demands to defund police. Canada's largest psychiatric hospital, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, also called for police to be removed from leading "this important work."

Pringle, who is the former chair of the National Council of Persons with Lived Experience, an advocacy group for people living with mental illness, said the deaths highlight a problem that, "desperately needs to be addressed."

Though he agreed that police may be needed to attend certain mental health situations, he added, "I don't think police should be the first line of response."

Integrated mental health crisis teams more common

Police departments in Canada have received more training for dealing with people with mental illness than ever before, as noted by a 2014 report prepared for the Mental Health Commission of Canada, and do "a reasonable job."

Most municipal police departments from Victoria to St. John's also have some form of an integrated mental health crisis team, which partners police with mental health professionals to perform wellness checks, which are sometimes known as emotionally disturbed person calls.

In cities such as Hamilton, the use of teams has led to significant reductions of people being detained under mental health legislation.

WATCH | Mental health workers call for change in police wellness checks:

WELLNESS-CHECKS-POLICE-ADHOPIA-020720.jp
Watch

Mental health workers call for change in police wellness checks

• 2 months ago
  •  
    • 2:34
    •  
      • Turn captions on

Mental health advocates, health-care providers call for changes to how emergency teams respond to wellness calls after at least four Canadians have been killed by police since April. 2:34

But many of these units don't operate around the clock, or they're brought into situations too late, and in the end it's often the police who are in charge — and they're not mental health experts despite recent training improvements.

Toronto psychiatric nurse Sarah Reynolds said integrated teams are "a great model" that could be used more frequently. 

Reynolds worked with the Toronto Mobile Crisis Intervention Team (MCIT) alongside specially trained officers from the Toronto Police Service for 18 months. She said if there was ever any talk of a weapon or "an unstable situation" during a wellness check, police would quickly take over.

"The nurses could be far more effective if we were front and centre doing the major assessment, and having police as back up," she said.

In 20 years of emergency room experience as part of a psychiatric team, Reynolds said she has regularly managed patients who she described as "psychotic."

"I've taken knives away from people in the emergency room," she said, adding "sometimes I feel people [in distress] react to the police presence, which can make them more aggressive or afraid."

Reynolds said this is often the case in potential "suicide by cop" situations, which require "patience, skill and it takes health-care experts not police experts."

Mental health ambulance instead of police

Indeed, Sweden's capital Stockholm has tried to remove police from psychiatric emergencies altogether with the 2015 launch of a mental health ambulance.

The Psychiatric Acute Mobility Team (PAM), which is composed of nurses and paramedics, responds to crises such as suicide threats or severe behavioural issues much like a conventional ambulance.

A study of its first year of operation published in the International Journal of Mental Health found police were needed in  49 per cent of calls the team attended. However, the program's manager told CBC News the ambulance cannot keep up with the demand for its services.

sarah-reynolds.jpg
Sarah Reynolds, a psychiatric nurse who worked with Toronto police in a crisis intervention team, said mental health professionals should be given more responsibilities when responding to wellness checks. (Jonathan Castell/CBC)

Halifax-based mental health advocate and legal scholar Archibald Kaiser has long supported the exclusion of police from responding to mental health crises.

"When the police attend, they may well come with what I would call the wrong mindset, emphasizing law enforcement priorities over empathetic caring and human rights-respecting responses to people who are in crisis."

Kaiser represented the Canadian Mental Health Association in the 1986 public inquiry into the police shooting death of Harold Lowe, an unarmed Halifax man with a long history of mental illness who had barricaded himself in his apartment after he stopped taking his medication.

"You know it's just endlessly frustrating for me that the same tragic scenes get acted out again and again," he said.

mental-health-ambulance-stockholm.jpg
The Psychiatric Acute Mobility team operates this mental health ambulance in Stockholm, Sweden. (Annika Bremer/PAM)

Kaiser, a law professor at Dalhousie University cross-appointed to the school's department of psychiatry, said altercations with police are often the result of a mental health care system that has failed people.

"It's a deliberate choice to under invest in societal inclusion and provision of treatment, which is eminently correctable."

Kaiser said people who have lived with mental illness should have a role in designing a system that better supports their needs, especially in times of crisis.

"Involve others, you know mental health professionals, legal professionals, and police service providers at the end rather than at the beginning," he added.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What is the status of Meyers? 
Must be a silver lining here somewhere with a cancelled game...

This is a little extra rest for our entire team which might go a long way.  Figure quite a few of our guys are playing banged up by now,  even TT ankle isn’t 100% and a little rest is advantage Canucks for sure physically.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Probably because they are also disproportionately living in impoverished areas and have a higher likelihood of crime. blacks commit crimes at nearly 3x the rate that whites do (so does not make up for being shot 6x more). blacks commit 36% of violent crime in the USA while being only 13% of population.

Certainly not the only reason, but a part of it.;

Do blacks commit more crime, or are they charged more often and then convicted more often?

3 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Another person with a different perspective silenced in the name of BLM. Are you doing anything to celebrate?

That poster said he was leaving, I'd didn't see anyone suspend him.

3 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Haha I agree. There's also no place for people who randomly call people nazis for voicing their opinion when they were asked to do so. 

Pretty wild accusation.

did you see the link he posted?

3 hours ago, spliced said:

Equality under the law, the very foundation of society.

When is the cancellations for the overdose crisis planned? Huh?

Oh of course they don't matter or anyone else that doesn't have the right problem. Gross.

weird comparison., but please feel free to protest this as well.

2 hours ago, Justdean10 said:

Then look at percentage by race of crime committed. Over 50% of crime is committed by black people so of course more are going to get shot because they commit more crime. 
7.6% of murders of black people are by white people. So 92.4 of murders of black people are committed by Black people.
13.6% of Murders of white people are committed by Black people. Where 86.4% of white people being murdered are by white people.
So in both case, each race kills each other way more than other race 52% of murders are committed by black people even though they are only about 13% of the population.
I know it's not fair to assume just because one black person killed someone, to hold that on all of them but this isn't just about white people needing to be better, they need to better themselves. BLM movement just makes white people look like they are awful people but a lot of their problems stem from with in their own race. If they stopped killing people, they would stop being killed. 

Where did you get those stats? Do black folk commit more crime or do they just get charged and convicted more? 

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Dude, its not private citizens or proud boys or whatever patriots group burning cities down.

Blm started off with honorable intentions, stop violence against black and other minoritys.

Look at the riots in ferguson, was started by a lie that blm propelled.

Remember hands up don't shoot? 

Then it showed the suspect/victim trying to get a cops gun.

Why is that officer not in jail? 

Answer me why bernie sanders 2020 has gotten 189 million from blm that was donated to them, not bernie.

You have mentioned the 189 mill on multiple occasions but have yet to post a link, and two others have posted evidence that contradicts you.

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

It was found on his floorboard.  Do u keep a knife on the floor of ur vehicle ? Ya, seems totally legit . It wasnt even concealed in a compartment , it was exactly where he looked to be reaching. 

Was it even there, before the cops put it there? I think it was most likely there, but evidence is planted often enough to cause doubt.

2 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

That's the cops job. Give them every opportunity to stop but the moment they put innocent people at risk of death, you get shot. I'm ok with that. A guy knowingly risking lives vs innocent people, hmmm... not a hard choice.

So, which innocent lives did this guy put at risk? I presume those kids were and still are alive, from when the dude left them in the car.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Where did you get your statistics from www.kkk.com.ru ?!? Sorry, I meant Facebook.com

You're just pulling "facts" out of nowhere. You're just saying stats and not citing sources. You're just spewing nonsense.

First of all, categories like "black on black" crime and "black on white" crime and "black on Asian" crime or whatever, really shouldn't matter. The fact that people are even breaking arguments down like this just to prove a flawed point is insane. That shouldn't matter. Also, the reason black people are going to prison at far higher rates than other people is because we, as a society, implicitly see black people as criminal for just existing. It's wrong that we do that.  We call black people thugs or uppidty when they don't act like white people. And we don't give them the benefit of the doubt when they're caught in a bad moment.

People are saying "Jacob Blake had a knife in his car!" -- yeah, and so what? He didn't have a knife on his persons and he wasn't even going to the part of the car where the knife was at. The knife was there. There's lots of stuff in lots of cars. We don't know why he had a knife and honestly we shouldn't need too. He may have bought his kids some toys from the store and had the knife with him to help them open the packaging. Hypothetically, the equivalent of this argument would be like saying "Well, there was a hammer in the car" when another person (of any race) is shot by the cops. So what that person had a hammer. You need a hammer for things. If the Hammer wasn't in that hand's of the person shot at the time he was shot, then that's not just cause. It's cause after the fact to cover up for the fact that you messed up shooting the person beforehand.

These are people clearly pushed the edge. They've been redlined, they've been segregated, and they're not being treated fairly by the police. According to the ACLU, black people are 4 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than white people. In states like Illinois (which neighbors Wisconsin) and Minnesota, where these protests have been happening, black people are 7.5-8.5x more likely to be arrested for pot possession than white people. Marijuana possession charges can lead to losing a job, benefits, secure housing -- which makes people desperate -- so they do stupid things like get involved in more crime to make ends meet -- which leads to broken communities, broken families, and more because a cycle is created wherein people go to and from jail. If the odds are stacked against black people like that, no wonder the cycle of crime and anger gets more violent. And this is just for simple marijuana possession. It's not like the majority of these people are kingpins, they're usually college aged people 18-28, who get "busted". I can get into a whole argument why marijuana should be legalized in the states but that should be saved for a new post on another day. Essentially, there's an unnecessary societal burden we place on non violent criminals that really needs to be changed and this burden is put onto black people moreso than any other ethnic group.

I think cops shooting anybody, of any race, is usually wrong. There's been several horrifying videos showing cops shooting innocent white people who are literally on there knees pleading for there lives (look up Daniel Shaver, that video is horrifying). This isn't just solely a black lives matter problem -- it's an everybody problem. So when you say "they need be better themselves", I don't really get what you mean? Ahmaud Arbery was jogging when three armed white dudes, who had no legal authority to do anything, drove up to him, cornered him, and shot him in cold blood for... jogging?!? Breonna Taylor was sleeping in bed when cops, who had the wrong address, executed a legally ambiguous "no knock" warrant and killed her for no reason besides the fact that her boyfriend stood his ground when he thought the apartment was being robbed. Tamir Rice was a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun in Wal Mart when a cop shot him for no justifiable reason. Elijah McClain begged for his life when, the same police department that "successfully" captured James Holmes aka the "Aurora Movie Theatre Shooter," put him in a chokehold and had a paramedic inject him with a deadly amount of kedamine. He literally was just walking down a cold Colorado street in a ski mask. That's not a crime.  And these are just some of the cases we've heard of, there's hundreds if not thousands of cases that.

I'm also not saying defund the police. That's ludicrous. I do believe the Police Unions need to be stripped of there power. That institution is too powerful. And honestly, I'm surprised more Republicans aren't bending over backwards to strip that union of its power.  I really do believe that there's a lot of good cops who do good things for the community but a few bad eggs do ruin the batch because, as they say, if you got 200 good cops and 12 bad cops but the 200 good cops don't do anything about those 12 bad cops, well, you've got 212 bad cops. And as Chris Rock also said, pilots don't get to have a bad day, you don't hear airlines go "most of our pilots like to land safely" -- piloting planes is a high stakes job that requires elite, skilled and trained people to do it -- and we should expect the same from the cops that patrol our streets. In an ideal world, being a cop should be a REALLY boring job. I also do believe we ask cops to do too much for too little pay. Breaking up the job into different "jobs" does make sense too. I also think police would act more rationally in the States if guns were harder to come by... I'm not saying strip Americans of there guns, make gun ownership at least harder to obtain than a driver's license. I took my gun training course in Canada and it was nearly two weeks of full day classes and practical firearms use before I could even write the exam that allowed me to get my gun license -- and even then -- I don't actually own any guns at the moment. I just wanted to know how to use them in case I ever needed too.

I will say this, I don't agree with the looting. The looting is wrong. It was wrong in 2011 after the Stanley Cup riots. It was wrong in Minneapolis. It was wrong in Portland. It's wrong now in Wisconsin. The sad part is the legacy of these protests may very well end up being the looting. It's very much how the protests in LA in the 1990's about the beating of Rodney King are remembered for the looting than for the fact the police beat up an innocent man, lied about it, and only faced the music when it was revealed a bystander filmed it. But also, people need to stop calling the cops for every little thing they see. Unless you're seeing a crime that's being committed in action, there's no reason to call someone for "acting suspicious" -- WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?. If I called the cops on every junkie I've seen shoot up in Downtown Vancouver, I'd have a new part time job on my hands. It always seems like white people in the states are quick to call the cops when they see a black person do the smallest action -- and I know this -- because I've seen this happen when I've vacationed down there. It's a wild and bad attitude that Americans have. And it creeps up here in Canada. I've had black friends stalked by security guards at stores like Nordstrom's or Winner's for no reason other than the color of there skin. These things are true and white people need to listen to those stories, digest them, and ask themselves questions about why is it happening and would I be the security guard in that situation?!?

Also, people who don't think race is such a big deal in 2020 really need to watch this video ---

And lastly, Black Lives Matter isn't saying "Black Lives Matter the Most" or "Black Lives Matter first" -- they're just saying -- please make sure our lives matter too. Because, right now, for them, it feels like there lives don't matter as much as the lives of other people of other ethnicities -- and that's not a bad message, it's a good one.

If you're feeling guilty or tired being judged like this, then it's a wake up call, because white people have been judging black people for centuries and it's a good reminder that for things to get better and for people to actually be "equal" -- that we have to look at our whole society and see it for all that it is. All the beautiful elements of it but also all the ugly ones too.

I'm happy the NHL isn't playing today. And I'm happy the Canucks are standing up for this injustice -- because that was what this was -- an injustice. Jacob Blake did not deserve to be shot and paralyzed for simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time, seemingly.

1 hour ago, mayor MCcheese said:

I'm done. Not supporting a SJW league. I hope the NHL goes bankrupt.

Strange, I only see you in off topic threads, like these anyway.

1 hour ago, mayor MCcheese said:

You mean all of 2 players?

You still here, I thought you were leaving?

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

No, say what you will about any politician or policy on either side, the Democrats have a near monopoly on projection.  Both sides have their faults and flaws, but the Democrat side is where to go if you want to be fed projection and pretend it tastes good.

How on earth any party can call Trump a racist and then run Biden as their candidate is beyond me.

Now watch this guy take a knee and let's all gather around and cheer about what a racist Trump is.

One being a racist does not mean the other isn't.

41 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Strictly due to a graph I saw with almost opposite numbers posted earlier..

this is from https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

2017 2018 2019 2020*
White 457 399 370 215
Black 223 209 235 111
Hispanic 179 148 158 71
Other 44 36 39 15
Unknown 84 204 202 146

There’s always the chance this one is BS, but who knows? Sure as hell isnt anyone here. Careful how much we all buy into either side... 

As others have pointed out, that graph isn't taking population colour demographics into account.

45 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Since a lot of posters use criminality as a justification for the cops blowing people away, what about white collar crime that somehow never gets punished? Particularly the banksters and hedge fund managers who crashed the economy in 2008, throwing millions of people out of their homes and destroying their life savings.  Plenty of rules broken there and absolutely catastrophic consequences across the whole society, 50% of which now lives in poverty.  Yet those criminals were never even charged, let alone convicted, down in the Land of the Free.  Conclusion:  laws are selectively enforced to the benefit of the powerful.

True, a lot of damage is done by "white" collar crime.

5 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Here's an idea: DON'T RESIST ARREST!! What's the common denominator is all these incidents? Rap sheet from here to Iraq, resisted arrest, and potentially going for or had a weapon. I don't care what race you are, that's going to get you hurt or killed by the police every time.

In an interaction with the police there are only 2 things you need to do: 1: Do exactly what you are told. No more and no less. Weather you are innocent or not. 2: Do not give attitude and talk back. Answer the questions respectfully. Don't argue.

That's it. 100% of the time you do that, you won't be killed. No matter what race you are.

I really, really thought you were out of here?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, sassbs said:

BLACK!!!  Don’t be scared to use that word.  
seriously, even black people (Toronto) don’t use the word African American. 
Brown people don’t go around screaming call me South Asian + Indo Canadian.    Call me BROWN!  

Yes, they do.

Harnarayan Singh literally just used South Asian to refer to himself when talking to Ron M. 

Brown and Black is fine but I'm not sure why you are upset about African American. 

5 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Here's an idea: DON'T RESIST ARREST!! What's the common denominator is all these incidents? Rap sheet from here to Iraq, resisted arrest, and potentially going for or had a weapon. I don't care what race you are, that's going to get you hurt or killed by the police every time.

In an interaction with the police there are only 2 things you need to do: 1: Do exactly what you are told. No more and no less. Weather you are innocent or not. 2: Do not give attitude and talk back. Answer the questions respectfully. Don't argue.

That's it. 100% of the time you do that, you won't be killed. No matter what race you are.

I have never felt so threatened by the cops that I won't freely speak my mind especially when I know I have done nothing wrong. I will treat a cop the same as I treat any other human being, reciprocating the same level of respect they have shown me. They don't get elevated in status and power just because they are carrying a gun and badge. Your method seems way too subservient to me, people shouldn't get threatened with deadly force because they "talked back" and "gave attitude". Cops should also maintain their professionalism at all times and should be held accountable if they escalate a situation. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

"Radical Marxists" &^@#ing lol. Yeah, as we all know, not wanting to get murdered is a Marxist concept.

I’m all for not getting murdered.

Lighting cities on fire calculating at over $600 million dollars in damage, 19 dead, over 400 injured. Wanting to deconstruct the traditional western nuclear family. 

Sounds Marxist to me. 

I am all for black lives matter. But unfortunately black lives matters doesn’t actually mean black lives matter. It is a strategic ploy.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

8 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Does someone who has fought police as they tried to arrest them, threatened the lives of their ex that is present, threatened to kill everyone around, has a history of pointing guns at people and is now saying they are going to grab a weapon and kill you deserve to be shot while reaching for a weapon?

You keep mentioning the # of shots, what if six missed?  High likelihood of missing even close range due to shaking etc.

The point is not 7 shots or 6 shots missed, there is shooting from the back.

I really like to watch the Canucks playoff game to-night  (I already prepared beer), but I support the postponement due to this civil right issue.