The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

I got my frist Moderna vaccine at the Haney Mall in Maple Ridge yesterday at 1.30ish. By 10 PM I was sore in my whole body. This morning when I woke up I could barley move my arm and now super weak and cold like symptoms through out the day. Now I'm stuck in the bathroom... Ugh. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Brilliant, a good friend of mine from Calgary is vacationing in Osoyoos next week. We were planning on meeting up with him there but now we can’t go but he still can, oh well, at least he can visit us here later.

They’re trapping 90% of BCs population in a fraction of a percentage of the area, all the people that normally get away for weekends will now be cramming into all the busy spots those that usually don’t travel go to such as beaches and lakes. 

1 hour ago, kurtis said:

I got my frist Moderna vaccine at the Haney Mall in Maple Ridge yesterday at 1.30ish. By 10 PM I was sore in my whole body. This morning when I woke up I could barley move my arm and now super weak and cold like symptoms through out the day. Now I'm stuck in the bathroom... Ugh. 

I heard a couple similar stories about Moderna side effects from people who got it, only for a few days though hang in there. 

2 hours ago, kurtis said:

Hang in there.  Hope you get better.  I got Moderna too but got no side effects except for a sore arm.  A couple of my friends also got Moderna and they were ok.

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Brilliant, a good friend of mine from Calgary is vacationing in Osoyoos next week. We were planning on meeting up with him there but now we can’t go but he still can, oh well, at least he can visit us here later.

They’re trapping 90% of BCs population in a fraction of a percentage of the area, all the people that normally get away for weekends will now be cramming into all the busy spots those that usually don’t travel go to such as beaches and lakes. 

I know lots of people who wanted to go camping to remote areas around the province that they normally go to but cancelled becaue they know they have to drive through the road blocks.  So glad out of provincers get free reign though... 

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

BC Restart Plan

526A10B9-B675-4329-9613-1114E607F287.thumb.png.49d9da114bd9c1017e2b53bb81178046.png

Pretty happy with this.  Hopefully we can stay the course and get full open in September and get life back to as normal as possible.  Got to say I am surprised for indoor sports opening so quick here, thought that would have been July atleast.  Glad my outdoor sports will be back up and running though.

Edited by Russ

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

I know lots of people who wanted to go camping to remote areas around the province that they normally go to but cancelled becaue they know they have to drive through the road blocks.  So glad out of provincers get free reign though... 

The more I think about it the stupider it is, after 2 weeks of being in sardine cans at the beaches and lakes they open up travel just as school is getting out, wonder what’s going to happen. 

Someone going camping for a week might run into a dozen people in that time, now trapped in Vancouver and going out they’ll probably run into thousands, if not tens of thousands of people.

• Cheers 1

To much to just drop in here in summary but those interested in the mess the UK has made of the COVID response take a look/listen to the committee hearing with Dominic Cummings 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-57245479

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

To much to just drop in here in summary but those interested in the mess the UK has made of the COVID response take a look/listen to the committee hearing with Dominic Cummings 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-57245479

Ya, I think mess is an understatement. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-covid-infected-on-tv-kung-flu-2021-5

Boris Johnson wanted to be infected with COVID-19 on live TV to show it's nothing to be scared of, Dominic Cummings says

• Upvote 1

Hopefully, a definite answer will be found rather than "Guess we'll never know.".

********************************************************************************************************************************

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/26/science/covid-19-origins-who.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210526&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=56405277&segment_id=59088&user_id=dc88543b79693b0f05322365a827e237

Biden calls for U.S. intelligence agencies to ‘redouble’ investigative efforts into the origins of the virus.

President Biden on Wednesday asked U.S. intelligence agencies to “redouble their efforts” to determine the origins of the coronavirus, saying in a statement that he was calling for a broad government report that incorporated findings from American labs and other federal agencies on whether the virus was accidentally leaked from a lab or transmitted by an animal to humans.

He asked intelligence officials to report back to him in 90 days on the results of their work and to keep Congress “fully apprised.”

Mr. Biden’s statement came as top health officials renewed their appeals this week for a more rigorous investigation into the origins of the virus, as the World Health Organization faced mounting criticism for an earlier report dismissing the possibility that it had accidentally escaped from a Chinese laboratory.

• Cheers 1

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03647-4

SARS-CoV-2 infection induces long-lived bone marrow plasma cells in humans

Abstract

Long-lived bone marrow plasma cells (BMPCs) are a persistent and essential source of protective antibodies1–7. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) convalescent individuals have a significantly lower risk of reinfection8–10. Nonetheless, it has been reported that anti-SARS-CoV-2 serum antibodies experience rapid decay in the first few months after infection, raising concerns that long-lived BMPCs may not be generated and humoral immunity against this virus may be short-lived11–13. Here we demonstrate that in patients who experienced mild infections (n=77), serum anti-SARS-CoV-2 spike (S) antibodies decline rapidly in the first 4 months after infection and then more gradually over the following 7 months, remaining detectable at least 11 months after infection. Anti-S antibody titers correlated with the frequency of S-specific BMPCs obtained from bone marrow aspirates of 18 SARS-CoV-2 convalescent patients 7 to 8 months after infection. S-specific BMPCs were not detected in aspirates from 11 healthy subjects with no history of SARS-CoV-2 infection. We demonstrate that S-binding BMPCs are quiescent, indicating that they are part of a long-lived compartment. Consistently, circulating resting memory B cells directed against the S protein were detected in the convalescent individuals. Overall, we show that SARS-CoV-2 infection induces a robust antigen-specific, long-lived humoral immune response in humans.