The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The story was unclear as to whether they lost all the $3 billion or a portion. My impression was it was all. The March meltdown was about 25% on the TSX, not 100%. These type of investment funds are not invested in high risk flyers. This story just doesn't sound right?

I agree.. No way they were in a portfolio with that much risk and lack of oversight.. My guess is specifics have been left out to sensationalize the story.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, The Aquamen said:

LOL sorry, I had too quote this. Made me laugh.

I hope that you are a cool uncle @Timbermen

Yes, i'm a great uncle too, don't have kids myself. I love all my Nephews & Neices, Great nephews and nieces. I have a great Nephew that will nee in the MJHL next year. As for Newbie, you can take that comment and shove it sideways. had to edit, it's saskatchewan league but the teams in manitoba on the border. Not saying which team or who it is because of stalker weirdos' and people like Newbie, a guy that has a personal vendetta against any one that doesn't understand Herd immunity, go ahead Newb, put me on you're ignore list.

Edited by Timbermen
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

That story stinks so bad how could we believe it. Work Safe BC lost $3 billion in the stock market? Who was managing the money and who authorized the investment policy? 

This is not believable. If the money is actually lost the auditor general had better be at their offices with the RCMP. 

Seems to add up, when you read the story. WorkSafeBC operates an $18 billion “accident fund” that’s invested through the BC Investment Management Corporation. If that fund took a roughly 15% hit due to the market crash, and an additional $400 million of premium revenue was lost due to business closures and layoffs, it would add up to around a $3 billion loss for WorkSafeBC.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

If you have HBO, Real Time with Bill Maher last night was all about Corona. 

If you die from Corona as a young person, you were likely immune compromised. Metabolically weak. A consistent diet of 'seed oils' will accelerate your death; a body of unhealthy fats over months and years. It's the inflammation that will kill you where the virus takes advantage of this. Poor diets, lack of exercise, all contribute to an early exit from Earth. You don't have to be obese or even fat to fall into these category. Consistently eating garbage breaks you down internally. Germs can be good, as is the sun. Healthy fats are nothing to be afraid of, including animal fats. 

The other guest suggested the only true way out of this is herd immunity. Hiding indoors and locking down the economy every time a wave comes won't solve anything in the end. It slows the spread but does nothing to actually beat this. 

Edited by Tortorella's Rant
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Hiding indoors and locking down the economy every time a wave comes won't solve anything in the end. It slows the spread but does nothing to actually beat this. 

*Except not overwhelming the healthcare system and causing a bunch of otherwise unnecessary deaths.

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

If you die from Corona as a young person, you were likely immune compromised. Metabolically weak. A consistent diet of 'seed oils' will accelerate your death; a body of unhealthy fats over months and years. It's the inflammation that will kill you where the virus takes advantage of this. Poor diets, lack of exercise, all contribute to an early exit from Earth. You don't have to be obese or even fat to fall into these category. Consistently eating garbage breaks you down internally. Germs can be good, as is the sun. Healthy fats are nothing to be afraid of, including animal fats. 

The other guest suggested the only true way out of this is herd immunity. Hiding indoors and locking down the economy every time a wave comes won't solve anything in the end. It slows the spread but does nothing to actually beat this. 

Saw this one the other day.

20 hours ago, Timbermen said:

This thread is where i get most of my info so i hope you guys know what you're talking about. ::D

That wouldn't be my advice, T....

The people in this thread that know what they're talking about are the ones telling everyone to listen to the experts.

• Cheers 4

4 hours ago, Timbermen said:

Yes, i'm a great uncle too, don't have kids myself. I love all my Nephews & Neices, Great nephews and nieces. I have a great Nephew that will nee in the MJHL next year. As for Newbie, you can take that comment and shove it sideways. had to edit, it's saskatchewan league but the teams in manitoba on the border. Not saying which team or who it is because of stalker weirdos' and people like Newbie, a guy that has a personal vendetta against any one that doesn't understand Herd immunity, go ahead Newb, put me on you're ignore list.

It's been many years since I was out that way, but it sounds a lot like Flin Flon (Bobby Clarke's home town)...

....or maybe somewhere further south, like Russell....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Slowing the spread *IS* the goal though.  It’s all part of getting all your medical resources prepared especially if Bone Spurs administration threw away the playbook given to him by the previous administration because it had the Kenyan’s name on it.  That and not overwhelming the hospitals.  Not everyone has the same healthcare plan in the States as Bill Maher.  Oh, you’ll get treated if you have no funds...but you’ll get sent to the worst hospitals in that particular State.  Maher will get to use the higher rated private hospitals where he lives.

As well, buying time means we get to find out more about a particular virus.  How infectious it is.  How it spreads.  etc.,

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's been many years since I was out that way, but it sounds a lot like Flin Flon (Bobby Clarke's home town)...

....or maybe somewhere further south, like Russell....

You got it but i won't say who because my controversial opinions (sometimes wrong) are my own and aren't a reflection on him. He played in the BCHL a bit last year on his affiliate team when injures hit them. He's committed to play for the Bombers next year.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Timbermen said:

Hello hello, I am sure he likes you lots. Herd immunity lol. Eventually yes people do become immune to a virus, it’s a form

of actually fighting it. Oooo I won’t get into you’re guys “herd” talk. I might get attacked. A gentlemen put this up yesterday made me laugh.

good for you’re nephew ;)! Make him a 1st round NHL Draft pick, you got some time.  

Cheers all. :canucks:

6ED9628D-9206-406D-985B-CA3B745B8B25.gif

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Cheers 2