The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

Still rusty especially in his own end, but I can already see that his offensive reads is better than Tanev and Stecher. Also has a more consistent shot which makes him a threat with Hughes.

Hasn't looked great in moments, but half expected with him being out of hockey for 9 months.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MrCanuck94 said:

We really need to stop playing Hamonic so much until he gets back to game speed. He's been awful.

i disagree, for a guy who didn't have a camp, i think he has played okay, he will get better  each game!

21 minutes ago, bree2 said:

i disagree, for a guy who didn't have a camp, i think he has played okay, he will get better  each game!

Same here.  Harmonic is obviously finding his way in playing on a new team; with a new system.  Missed the preseason and had a long haul of no games before that.  He needs to shake the rust out.  At this point, removing him from the game, will only slow his progress down.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

For sure but at the moment it seems like he's being overplayed for a guy who's not where he needs to be and it is costing the team.

I do think he will be fine when he gets his legs under him.

Edited by MrCanuck94

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Cap Friendly: The Vancouver Canucks have put forward Tyler Motte on the IR. Defenseman Travis Hamonic was moved from the IR to the LTIR. The Canucks LTI salary pool increased by $1.25 million.

Surprised his injury is that worse, originally I thought he would be back within 1-2 weeks after the injury happened.

He caught the same flu he had in Calgary. :sadno:

He has been god awful on the PK so far but he’s been positive 5v5. Despite playing only 5 games he has 7 PP goals against which is 3rd most on the team.  He was a part of that shaky start to the PK at the start of the year. 

5v5 his on-ice save percentage is among the best on the team at 92.3% and he has played a good amount of time 5v5 at 14:08 per game.  

Hamonic has only been on the ice for 4 goals for and 4 goals against at even-strength. 

Keep in mind he was slightly getting a bit more offensive zone starts playing with Hughes at 55% of his starts being there. 

Need to hold off judgement a bit. I reckon the next stretch of games he gets will be better grounds for reevaluation since he would have been with the team long enough to shake off the rust. 

Given the short amount of positive time together he could still work with Hughes. The early showings, even with the rust, show some signs of promise together 5v5 but it is a short sample. 

(Stats from NHL.com)