The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Exposing a tired team isn't hard for a team that's well rested.   Not shocked...just flat footed and unable to counter that.

You can't prepare for the schedule that you're dealt....but it REALLY plays in to the Habs favour right now.  Their schedule's a breeze and they definitely have more gas in the tank to work with.

Green brushed off the poor games against Habs as a result of not having exhibition games.

That's complacency. I was hoping that comment was just to shut the media up, but maybe he really believed that.

I means, if you got 1-2-0 with the one with coming in a 6-5 SO win, you know it's not just lack of exhibition games.

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

After another blowout loss tomorrow Green needs to make some big changes

Keep dreaming bud. I can already hear the post game;

"I thought we played well. They're a heavy team. We just didn't get the bounces. Its hockey, thats how it goes sometimes."

He didn't make any changes during the VGK series last year when our system completely failed against their aggressive forechecking so you can rest assured he won't be changing anything up against MTL tomorrow.  Just keep doing the same thing and expect different results seems to be his motto. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I agree with Murph and Iain that they should have gone with Demko. It probably wouldn't have made a difference tonight, but it sets a standard within the team that a player gets rewarded for his previous performance.

If this is how they were going to play I'm glad they didn't start Demmer

Lets keep his confidence up as long as possible

Wow, and I was actually miffed that they blacked out the game on the East Coast.  Dodged a bullet there, unfortunately, the Canucks can’t say the same.  This rather a head scratching moment, going from Winnipeg’s performance, to this.

Next game will speak bunches

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

we could have had Toffoli and Tanev back 

....and it wouldn't make any difference tonight.  

Gaudette, Miller, Boeser, Elias, Quinn...  they've had really bad games and Tanev and Toff wouldn't have changed anything there. 

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Exposing a tired team isn't hard for a team that's well rested.   Not shocked...just flat footed and unable to counter that.

You can't prepare for the schedule that you're dealt....but it REALLY plays in to the Habs favour right now.  Their schedule's a breeze and they definitely have more gas in the tank to work with.

This is a big part. I’ve called the schedule brutal and lopsided since the beginning and keep getting shouted down. 

we have played the most games in the league and I believe we have had 3 games in 4 nights repeated since the start of the season. Dallas which also has a condensed start due to COVID had played the same amount as some teams which started 2 weeks before them. 

we don’t even get a good break during the whole season, we get a few games where they are spaced out just a little but the leafs and the flames get good rest breaks where they can recoup, train and move forward. We don’t get that at all

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

A lot of excuses being thrown around, this is simply a team that doesn't know how to play defense having their assess handed to them and throwing in the towel. 

Were you here when we were winning?  Not sure you were.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1