The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, stawns said:

When Motte is back, it better be Roussel coming out.  JH has had a solid start to his season

Both Michaelis and Hawryluk played great games. Their play seems to have lit Roussel's a$$ on fire, Roussel played with more urgency.

But yeah, Roussel is the man coming out at this point when Petey comes back. And when Motte comes back, it will be a tough call between Michaelis and Hawryluk given that they keep up their current energy level.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh man they’re so used to being hyped beyond belief they can’t handle when any media person doesn’t kiss their a&@.

Love it!

id love it if like, the leafs score a goal and he brings out his nhl 03 commentary, when you're blowing out the other team, and hes like "he... scores?" just to see leafs twitter crumble

satan GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Lind will be a player too.  Not at the level of the two you mention,  but he is looking like a solid prospect as well.

Im not sold on Woo.

I love Woo.  Exact type of defenseman we need.  Picture Bieksa but better defensively and worse offensively.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

35 minutes ago, KILLER said:

How about 2 for 2 on the powerplay? Without Petey the pp improved...baffling. 

That entry on the first by Miller was insane  -  with his speed I thought we were watching McDavid in a blue sweater

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Only 2nd time we've gotten back to back wins.

Still in tough, have to go on a huge winning streak to turn season around since teams around us are staring to pick up points, but beating the Laffs is fun.

They just have put a good run on the alberta teams.  

6 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

PP was good today because there was heavy movement. Petey needs to learn how to move around, especially when the puck is down low far side. 

When you stand stagnant in one spot and only shoot once after 3 fake shots, you slow the whole powerplay down and waste precious seconds.

Agreed.  When he's moving, he's very creative and that's when his magic happens.

8 minutes ago, camaro ss said:

Told all of u that Benning is great. His drafting is second to none. 

His drafting has never been an issue, he is one of the best in that field. It's his questionable free trade acquisitions that have some (me included) that have some concerned.  

Amazed at the results, but I'll take it.

This team started to gel vs the Leafs on the road.

A few stumbles, a few injuries, a few f bombs on the bench, but the team's finally come together.

Whether too little or too late, I guess we'll see.

Really all I want to see is Quinn continue to drive the play, the top 2 lines growing, and the bottom 6 picking up the slack.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I honestly want someone to figure out his draft batting average compared to others. This is the best drafting I have seen in 35 years as a hockey fan. It's not even close ( except for maybe the wings back in the day).

It's pretty good.   Above average, made even better because we've drafted high over a five  year period anyway ... one draft not so high (BB), and one draft (last one) no picks really - small odds of a player 3rd round and up, collectively about the same as one 2nd.   Top ten league wide since he's become GM.   Tampa Bay has drafted the best considering when they've drafted and how well they've done.   And i'd agree, best drafting since Milfords run of great drafting - some awesome late round picks actually better then his first rounders...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Green could still use better assistants. It’s funny that already there are media weasels like Patterson passive aggressively taking umbrage with Green for calling out the media. I love it. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Bobby Lalonde 641 games 341 points, Bob Dailey 561/325,  Rod Sedlbauer scored 40 goals one year...Curt Fraser, Brent Ashton 998/629, Cullimore 812gp, Mike Peca multiple Selke winner/finalist, team captain etc, Raymond,  .... 

Hoglander for sure looks good ... So does Demko ... first NHL players since Raymond for sure. 

You had to go back to the 70’s to find some good picks.  How about we haven’t had a decent 2nd round pick in 40 years?  Peca didn’t win a Selke with the Canucks.  I would hope Hoglander and Demko have better careers than Mason Raymond, Jason Cullimore and Brent Ashton...

• Vintage 1