The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

And how do you suggest that be done when no other teams really want him?  If he is such an issue for the team, you don't think GMJB would have tried to move him for anything he could these past couple seasons?

Like I said, just because the Canucks WANT to move him, doesn't mean he'll be moved.  Nor does him wanting to be moved, mean he'll be moved. 

Well if the agent is saying its best to move on, likely means he wants out.  Trading him might be a harder option.  Lucic though might make sense for both teams

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, mpt said:

Well if the agent is saying its best to move on, likely means he wants out.  Trading him might be a harder option.  Lucic though might make sense for both teams

Lucic makes sense for neither team.

I'd rather see Loui buried in the AHL than see that slow selfish witless oaf Lucic skate one lap in a Vancouver jersey.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

I'm open to a Lucic for Eriksson trade. Lucic can still regain form, and is three years younger than Loui. Could fit in our bottom 9. 

have to use one of our protection spots for the Seattle draft for Milan.  We don't have to do that with Loui.  Plus, we can send Loui to the AHL.  Milan, unless injured, must take a roster spot. Those two things are huge.  The second one especially over 82 games, and while we are rebuilding.

I like that Milan brings the face puncher role, but his contract is just too toxic to take.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

dunno, I guess the assumption is to reach the cap floor and maybe get something out of Goldy. 

I'll believe a trade when i see it, I don't think its going to be easy. Sorry to be a downer. 

I feel the same way. I don't believe its going to be as easy to rid of him as many think. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

I agree - except at the point you believe it would be easy to extract a 4th round pick for him.

Cap floor teams - ie bottomfeeders - are unlikely to be, and should not be in the business of moving picks for dead cap - I think it might be unrealistic to expect a pick in return.

Just dump him for nothing and be done with it - take a lesser, expiring contract back if need be.

I think if you want a pick back, you need to package a decent young player with him:

To Ottawa

Erkisson

Goldobin

To Vancouver

Ottawa 3rd or San Jose 2nd 19 (late 2nd).

Ya I’m just saying a trade has to involve something coming back. Even if it’s a 6th who cares. I’m not suggesting we need value back, just that moving him won’t be hard 

• Cheers 1

Good riddance! 

If it's true he's blaming the coaches instead of putting in the work. I don't want that loser mentality anywhere near our young team. 

Look at a guy like Burrows, he worked his ass off, improved his game and earned his ice he never complained about the coaches. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like that Milan brings the face puncher role, but his contract is just too toxic to take.  

He doesn't even bring this element anymore - that Lucic isn't the guy we'd be getting.   He had a grand total of 2 - that's right,  two fights last season.   He's a 6 goal, lead-footed,  low IQ player who takes bad penalties which hurt your team who doesn't even fight anymore.  Seriously people,  how the heck does this plug fit into JB's philosophy of younger, faster,  more skilled? 

1 hour ago, awalk said:

No room in Utica sorry, head to the Marlies! 

#Gagnertreatment

#byefelicia

Im so glad benning isnt afraid to move on from players that are underperforming or are expecting the silver spoon treatment. 

Bye dahlen. Good luck guddy. Congrats Del Zotto. Gagner, i cant even remember what happened to him after the marlies. 

Swallow your pride and take a trade Loui. If you get to the waiver wire, you got none left anyway. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Why do I get the feeling that if the deal is for Lucic that after a few punishing hits and a fight or two, he's no longer going to have such a negative view set upon him. People called Schenn slow and not made for today's NHL and today it would seem everyone is very fine with re-signing him. There's no doubt that he's going to be overpaid unless he finds his 50+ point form again, but it's not like we are going to find many suitors for LE and we may even get a sweetener in the deal. It simply shakes things up for both guys and lets the contract ride out a couple more years until they simply just run out and are no longer a problem.

Benning is very well aware on the expansion implications should Lucic want to retain his NMC and be protected in the expansion draft, so I'm pretty certain it's not a worry as it likely won't be a deal should he make this demand anyway. Otherwise I'm sure the sweetener will have to be much greater if this were to proceed. Besides for me, it more about the sweetener than it is about Lucic, who would be a bonus if he performs well.

Schenn is, and always a smart player. He's making up for his deficiency in footspeed by simply remaining in position as a defensive defenceman. Schenn is also not paid $6.5 million to be behind the play for 13 minutes a game.

Lucic is a dumb hockey player who, as a winger, has zero hope of regaining form in a league which is only getting faster. He can't keep up.