The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Ouch, this is terrible! I hope they all fully recover, and get healthy. Their health and safety is far more important than hockey.  This is pretty rough how fast its spreading right now! I miss canucks hockey, and I hope we get a couple games in before the season ends, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Stay safe everyone! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The fact its not that deadly is why there is so much resistance lol

Remember all the toilet paper hoarding lol.

Society isn't very smart.

If it was more serious everyone would take it seriously

When people's lives are being lost around the world...its pretty deadly.

When precious lives are best lost around the world...its pretty damn serious. Give your head a shake.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yep, JB sure knows how to Dial in the faithful with his trade moves and Signings! 

let it be known that I don't want to be associated with this absolutely atrocious take in any way, shape or form. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

This is escalating quickly and I'm gonna brace myself for the season being cancelled. Best wishes for those infected. 

NHL season or Canucks season? I can’t see the NHL cancelling the season just yet, maybe if a few more teams got hit hard then possibly, on the other hand we can keep seeing new cases for a few more days then another 2 weeks to clear the players/staff assuming no complications, I can see our season being done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

This is escalating quickly and I'm gonna brace myself for the season being cancelled. Best wishes for those infected. 

Agree! In all seriousness, I would not wish this disease upon anyone let alone our team who have tried their best for us this year.   I hope all of them come out alive and with no Long-haul effects which currently hits about 1/3 or 31% of everyone that gets Covid.   Not good odds - unfortunately - but hopefully their youth and physical fitness will spare most if not all of them for what lies ahead.  Best Wishes Team !

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

NHL season or Canucks season? I can’t see the NHL cancelling the season just yet, maybe if a few more teams got hit hard then possibly, on the other hand we can keep seeing new cases for a few more days then another 2 weeks to clear the players/staff assuming no complications, I can see our season being done.

I mean the Canucks season. I agree with the short amount of time left you can see how it could pan out as a cancelled season for the Canucks. 

Just now, rekker said:

I mean the Canucks season. I agree with the short amount of time left you can see how it could pan out as a cancelled season for the Canucks. 

If I were the NHL, I’d cancel the Canucks for at least 2 weeks, by then we’d know if there is any realistic chance we make the playoffs and if there isn’t, which there probably won’t be then I’d cancel our season and we finish with our current P% for standings results. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

You don't think almost 600k dead in the US is serious?  I know people down there who have lost friends and family in the double digits.  That's not serious?

Yes, amazingly that equates to One in every 325 Adult Americans (over 18) Dead - so far.   Should be a pretty sobering stat - even for Anti Mask/ Flat Earth / ignorant Trumplicans !   But then again, you can't fix Stupid!

• Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If I were the NHL, I’d cancel the Canucks for at least 2 weeks, by then we’d know if there is any realistic chance we make the playoffs and if there isn’t, which there probably won’t be then I’d cancel our season and we finish with our current P% for standings results. 

That is certainly worthy of consideration, especially given that it's already April and this is about the time that non playoff teams usually bow-out of the picture.  If the NHL plans on restarting the season on time in October next year then that rest could possibly help us next season.   On the flip side though, I suspect that most of the players would be eager to continue the season for personal reasons such as to pad stats and play for contract renewals to name a few.  Time will tell !

12 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

can u cancel the season for only one team?

I would imagine it would be the first time in sports history. Other than teams that have died in plane crashes.

The Devils had a huge outbreak and were able to continue. I’d imagine the league is looking at that as a guideline.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

True but again the data isn’t there.

More resistant could simply mean the vaccine is only 80% effective as opposed to 90%.

In the meantime spreading fear is not the solution.

Very important point here. 

• Cheers 1