The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I think the other part of it is who him and Holtby replaced. Players can’t focus the resentment on management so it likely was directed  somewhere else.

The team was also pretty familiar with him from some brutal games against VGK and he likely already had a bad rep before in the Nux room being traded here. Schmidt’s a talkative guy. I’m sure some chirping in the past was not forgotten. 

Lastly, Schmidt is a pretty boisterous personality. 

You look at some of the young core (EP, BB, QH) and they all have this kind of chill and stoic aspect to their personalities. Just didn’t mesh, imho.

It was worth the attempt but we made out pretty A-ok all things considered. 

Schmidt meshes with wild personalities like Stone or Reeves not the chill team like Canucks.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

I know why he underperformed he seems to have forward head posture

So that's why he didn't work out. Posture. Of course. The X factor. :)

You're actually right in my books. He was always headfirst into everything. Not sure if I agree about our guys, but I'll be looking now.

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

They couldn't have picked a worse picture.

LOTS of caption potential..

"CRAP, I'm gonna do this lame breakout play again."

"CRAP, I hate this team."

"CRAP, my contract sucks and nobody likes me".

"CRAP, that pre-game burrito was a bad choice..."

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, it’s kind of funny.

I didn’t want Schmidt or Holtby. 
None of them was needed and it seems Benning agree with me now. 

Actually Holtby was needed, until we found out Demko can carry the mail last year

• Cheers 1

Well can’t blaming Benning for acquiring him. At the cost of a third round pick it was worth a shot. At least we broke even in the end.

He seems like a quality guy, it’s too bad it didn’t work out here. If he hadn’t come here during a pandemic it might have.

Gotta thank him for waiving and helping us out there. Good luck in the Peg Schmidtty!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Benning is good.

Get Schenn for some needed beef and gristle 

Then start this engine up, looks like we have all the parts.

2JZ engine, no sh*t

This car will decimate all after we put about 15 grand in it or more - overnight parts from Japan.

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

So that's why he didn't work out. Posture. Of course. The X factor. :)

You're actually right in my books. He was always headfirst into everything. Not sure if I agree about our guys, but I'll be looking now.

Lucic= forward head posture getting worse every year which makes him more slow with the conditions he has. But age of course factors in too. Horvat Motte are always crouched down when skating if they fix their posture I bet they can be even better and faster. Draisatl has fhp aswell so as he gets older I see him declining more quickly than when not having fhp. Look at Sedins Petey even McDavid they are upright and have good posture.

So to clarify.

Schmidt, nixed a trade earlier to the jets by reports.  But changed his mind.  Evidently the idea of staying in vancouver was literally that unappealing to him that he waived to go to the Jets in the end.

What happened to make him change his mind or hate this city/team so much I wonder?