The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Adam Gaudette

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

5th round busts don't score 33 points in 59 games in one season. 

We've had 1st round draft picks that never played a game in the NHL.

That is a bust.

Overhyped is not the same as a 5th rounder that actually played some NHL games. 

He's a Hobey Baker winner too. That was probably the reason for the hype. 

He should just focus on being a defensive centre. Win face-offs, block lanes, work on stealing the puck.

He's bordering on being a tweener, and probably going off to play in Switzerland or somewhere else in Europe. 

I wish him the best. 

Oh yea I get all that but people on here reacted like the Canucks traded Connor McDavid for a 7th last spring.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Do the math.  87.5%  of players past the third round don't play as many games as AG already has in the NHL.   Every 8 years on AVERAGE you get a player as good or better then AG.   That's the odds.   And it includes the 4th round too.    Everyone - who's that anyways?  To me he's just another tweener getting his chance, and he didn't make it work.   Too bad for him and Vancouver, but at least they knew when to cut bait.    Somehow he managed to get where Goldobin, Vey and Bear did. 

One day i'm going to make a thread - and it's going to have all the odds on it.   For each round.   AG far exceeded his draft slot.    That said it's been way too long since Vancouver had an Edler or a Hansen.  

Oh yea like I said I get all that.

He's done well all things considered. Just when he moves on people think the Canucks have lost a major piece when they didn't.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Can we throw Highmore on waivers today too lol 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! you're kidding me?? we are already lacking players that can really play, and play better than Chiasson/Lammikko/Dowling... please hang on to Highmore a lil longer until we have become a playoff team with a deep deep roster!!

35 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I would waive Pearson and bring him back. Move Podz up and Adam on the third line.

Why waive Pearson, only to bring back Pearson, when we already have Pearson?:unsure:

Do you feel Pearson needs some kind of 'wake up call', beyond a stern talking to by a coach?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I would waive Pearson and bring him back. Move Podz up and Adam on the third line.

As much as we don’t like Pearson being with Bo 24/7 he’s still a quality NHLer lol, just not being played where he needs to be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Do the math.  87.5%  of players past the third round don't play as many games as AG already has in the NHL.   Every 8 years on AVERAGE you get a player as good or better then AG.   That's the odds.   And it includes the 4th round too.    Everyone - who's that anyways?  To me he's just another tweener getting his chance, and he didn't make it work.   Too bad for him and Vancouver, but at least they knew when to cut bait.    Somehow he managed to get where Goldobin, Vey and Bear did. 

One day i'm going to make a thread - and it's going to have all the odds on it.   For each round.   AG far exceeded his draft slot.    That said it's been way too long since Vancouver had an Edler or a Hansen.  

This data is a little dated but it’s still likely quite accurate. Only around 9% of players drafted in the 5th round ever play 100 games in the NHL.

77AEE53B-2B09-4AA5-98E8-7652988B5D1D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1