The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | March 17, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

So is sh!tying on the team at every opportunity, even and especially, during good times, like a win. And another win. And now...

Canucks have won 6 of theirs last 7.

I dont $&!# on the team at every opportunity, I $&!# on the team when it's deserved. Like I said, you can be happy with the win, but no one should be happy with that performance except for Demko

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Any head coach with a functioning brain would refuse to talk to Brown and Baumer unless it was to advise them that they are fired and will be replaced with real coaches.

Not gettin’ it.

Got it.

34 minutes ago, oldnews said:

strange - I agree - it's looked bad in a  lot of games this year - might expect it to be a lot better with so few events and no one in the building...

level of hockey in general though has been lower than normal - inconsistent, underprepared, under-rested, overtired hockey around the league.

Definitely been uninspiring hockey, for the most part. Where's the heart and soul? They make WAY TOO much money. Country club atmosphere. Guaranteed.

Edited by BarnBurner

7 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

outshot by 3, definitely undeserved. ottawa normally gets 31.8 on net, we played so bad they got 0.2 more than normal. and the canucks got -1.5 than normal, how pathetic.

Might wanna check the old possession numbers.

We got outplayed badly. Didn’t move our feet or the puck and lost puck battle after puck battle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Me_ said:

It could be a Canucks win in game 6 at a score of 7-1.

You’d still be complaining.

Of course, if Demko can get us 8 wins out of 7 games then the unrest may start to cool off but until then let's fire sale this team and get some skaters, hitters and shooters!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Alright, let's explain it this way:  If you manage to take a woman home from the bar with your fly unzipped, will you leave it unzipped in the future?  There is no reason to continue to handicap ourselves by continuing to employ assistant coaches who are too stupid to be qualified to coach a pee wee team.

My friend used to do that on purpose, also didn’t wear underwear and walked backwards, when anyone asked him what he was doing he replied “I’m trolling”

Just now, -Moose said:

I dont $&!# on the team at every opportunity, I $&!# on the team when it's deserved. Like I said, you can be happy with the win, but no one should be happy with that performance except for Demko

Agreed. You have to be realistic when it comes to the teams play. Even with Demko in net, they might lose big if they play like that against Montreal.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Fans really shouldn’t be quibbling with the results.. considering how god awful we looked to start the year and the fact we’re without Petey.  

Grinding out these wins and finding some confidence is huge for this group... regardless of the opponent.  (And Ottawa’s been playing better lately too.)

Happy with the results but this team should not be gaining confidence from the way they’re playing.

Way too many bad habits have entered their game and the fact they keep getting rewarded with wins is not necessarily a good thing. We’re headed for a blowout if we play this way against Montreal or Winnipeg.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Because of the coaches?

or Bennings savvy moves?

Dont kid yourself 

which one is it?

or both?

Demko was drafted by Benning.

If you want to claim that this is all Demko, no coaching - then the credit goes to the drafting and development of Demko. 

Kidding yourself is trying to deny both - have it neither way / no way.

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Goaltending counts.

Drafting and developing great young goaltenders...counts.

It's shocking how people can, to this day, romanticize the periods of 2011 onward, while the predecessor to Benning did not draft or develop a goalie with a long term plan.

We knew Demko was going to be good. We knew Cory Schneider was going to be good (at the time). Yet the Markstrom trade was kind of a bet that worked out. Without him, we don't have the goalie depth that we do now. 

DiPietro is going to be really good as well. He just needs time, just like Demko took his time.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Might wanna check the old possession numbers.

We got outplayed badly. Didn’t move our feet or the puck and lost puck battle after puck battle.

Ottawa had 68 attempted shots on net with 14 minutes remaining! LOL

• Sad 1