The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

Just now, grandmaster said:

There is enough to pay for Petey, Quinn and Hamilton now

If Petey and Hughes sign bridges sure Hamilton is possible. Looking at almost all that cap needed for the 3 if they don't do bridges(Petey mostly) and we still have a few other holes to fill.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Good to clear the cap. But how is Schmidt only worth a third and Dillon two seconds? Schmidt is worth at least a second. But alas, the market is what the market is. 

Schimdt's contract is pretty hefty. Guy is already 30 with another five years on his contract.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I've been very happy with the off-season so far... Except for that comment. I was speechless for a solid 10 seconds before the raised voice "WHY! WHY SAY THIS!?"<_<

So that everybody thinks we will match any offer sheet, so they don't bother submitting an offer sheet.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Jim's crushing it. I wish he didn't have to retain on Holtby today, but I get that one from a cash flow pov.

Jim's a real Jekyll and Hyde GM. When he's good, he's on point, otherwise, its the 2020 offseason.

We need to see the Jekyll Jim Benning more

• Vintage 1

I think in Schmits Canucks signing video, he made a statement about how happy he was  not having to worry about petey deeking him out of his jockstrap any more like in Vegas/ Canucks play off bubble. I think he will be very sad the next Jets/ canucks game.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it all happened so fast 

One minute here was here, the next he was gone..  

I wonder whether he actually asked to leave after one season, or whether there was pressure from management for him to move on, maybe even a bit of both

Just didn't strike me as the character to give up on a team after one season 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

Just now, The Listening said:

Schimdt's contract is pretty hefty. Guy is already 30 with another five years on his contract.

Ya, I get it, and we needed to move on and upgrade the right. Very much hoping Hamonic. But Dillon is not much younger and a tad overrated. 

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Is this the first time Benning hasn't lost value in a trade he made...

Technically you could argue that because we were an absolute flop last season that the 3rd we gave up was worth more than the 3rd we received but the flip side is that this past year’s scouting was a lot more challenging than this upcoming year’s scouting (fingers crossed)…

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wonder what he has planned. If he can get Petey/Hughes both on bridges he could make a splash.

Tarasenko @ 30% retained. 
spare parts for defence this year.

muuuuhahahahahahahahabaaaarrrrffff.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

On Jim Benning being nimble, quick on his feet and flexible. That is refreshing. Take it as a loss and move on.

May not even be a loss, if we finish ahead of Winnipeg we'll have come out ahead