The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Brandon Sutter re-signing in van

2 minutes ago, Deets said:

Nosek would be the only one I'd prefer over Sutter, although Kuraly would be an acceptable replacement if we could get for a better contract.

Kuraly plays a physical style that would be a breath of fresh air. Sutter plays such a passive game. I think it's time to turn the page.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

He can f off if its anything over 1 mil.

Guy needs to eat some cheeseburgers or get in the gym not enough bulk or strength for a traditional 4 liner.

Was hoping he was not brought back...:sick:

I’d rather he not take the position,. Let’s go shopping for an import from another league..

hell, Kovalchuck might play for a mil.

Like Sutter when he's healthy.

If we re-sign Sutter, I think we should get another versatile player that can play both wing and center in case he goes down with the injury.

Kind of like Graovac. Play in the AHL and get called up to the NHL when there's an injury.

10 minutes ago, khay said:

Like Sutter when he's healthy.

If we re-sign Sutter, I think we should get another versatile player that can play both wing and center in case he goes down with the injury.

Kind of like Graovac. Play in the AHL and get called up to the NHL when there's an injury.

Ya we already had that type of players... Hawryluk and Boyd both could play centre and wing!! They'd be happy return for $800k!! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Sutter at 4C / PK for a million bucks would be great.  Right handed face off guy - still can’t make a pass but puts the puck in the net at a 15+ goal pace over 82.  We made him pretty comfortable with his last contract… hopefully if he’s staying it’s for a bargain.

40 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If he's all that is left then I'm okay if he's at $1.5 million or less.

I'm hoping Benning continues with the "Summer of Benning" and goes hard after Getzlaf...

Yes Getzlaf as 3c making it a scoring line and Dickinson on 4th as shutdown line

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Everyone saying a million or under are delusional. Sutter is worth 2 mil all day long. I think he will get an offer of 3 mil on the open market. I'd sign him to a 2x2 contract in a heartbeat. 

How so ? Nick Bjugstad signed $900,000 and had better numbers than Sutter. 

Let's also not forget also the veterans that Toronto and Montreal signed for cheap that also put up better numbers than Sutter (i.e Joe Thornton)

48 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

What about balls?

Can't, Benning has been maintaining our balls quota of late 

Maybe we should sign Sutter as our backup balls after we sign our big fish 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1