The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

12 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I don't get why they extended Green to begin with. It was the perfect opportunity to let an experienced coach handle an up and coming team.

I was not at all impressed with how Green handled preseason, and nothing he can say will convince me that his approaches were well thought out. Reading about how he's handled players like Bailey, Macewen, and Podkolzin demonstrates what we've seen for YEARS. Coach Green's doghouse is one that you do not get out of.

My theory:  JB wanted to see what Green can do with a much deeper. 

Basically, JB was admitting to his past mistakes; and despite the re vamp roster the on ice product is still sufferrring from the same very FAMILIAR issues.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If we are under 500 after the homestand I'm quite certain Green will be let go, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened earlier. The team has no spark and no offense going and the start of the season is already bad enough to put the season in jepoardy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

never liked him since he was first hired.. but i guess was ok with it since he was prolly just a transition coach.. he was praised for his work in utica and the prospects?? where are any of the prospects from utica? he was suppose to be good with young players? yet he chooses vets over young guy every chance he gets.. his coaching sux his philosophy sux his time out usage sux and i can't stand the smirk on his face when complaining to the ref. 

Really? I find greens smirks hilarious. And his over the top reactions on bad calls.:metal:

image.gif.86832c046602b789356c26ed6a55f3da.gif

Edited by playboi19
  • Haha 1

All coaches lose the locker room eventually, so yes they tuned out but just any other team where the coach isn't connecting anymore.

So if this is the case I think it's time to let Travis Green go, he will be fine and I think he's going to find a NHL coaching job soon after.  Of course the question is who can take Green's job right now? 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

All coaches lose the locker room eventually, so yes they tuned out but just any other team where the coach isn't connecting anymore.

So if this is the case I think it's time to let Travis Green go, he will be fine and I think he's going to find a NHL coaching job soon after.  Of course the question is who can take Green's job right now? 

Bruce Boudreau? Babcock?

Edited by alucard

6 hours ago, Specz said:

We're just so...predictable. Like every team knows how to counter our repetitive plays now. We have like 2-3 options we always revert to on the powerplay, we dump and chase 80% of the time we enter the opposing zone, we mash up the lines when players are desperately trying to find chemistry, we overly rely on players who are visibly struggling and bench those who aren't. We're just so...predictable to play against it's like Green keeps going back to the same stale strategies every time, hoping the result will be different.

He don’t have a backup plan it’s sad our players have to be put through this they are good enough it’s the coach that’s not.

• Cheers 1

I haven't liked green for a couple years. 

This isn't a case of a bunch of angry fans on a website after a few losses. Green has been exposed by a legit improved lineup.  This team has alot of character they aren't the problem.

Shaw is not the answer. He's a lifer assistant. 

JB is in a tough spot......who's a replacement for green. 

You end up taking a flyer on another rookie coach.

• Cheers 1

Been saying this for years, since he was in the minor, Green hasn't done anything, ANYTHING, for this organization.  He went to the Calder Cup finals because Bennings stacked him with a bunch of career AHLers that year (O'Reilly, Conacher, Baertschi, Sanguinetti), not because he developed players from this organization.   His only other accomplishment is the mirage playoffs run in the Bubble.  That was not great coaching, just an anomaly, freak year for every team.  There were bound to be surprised and disappointment, the Canucks were the former. 

Everyone that made it to the roster, by-passed him in the minor and went straight to NHL: Horvat, Boeser, Hutton, Stetcher, Tryamkin or EP, Hogs and QH just showed up and forced Green to play them.  He wasted a bunch a young talent as well, McCann, Virtanen, Goldobin, Gaudette, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Brisebois.  Was not expecting for all of them to become all-stars, but barely anyone turned out a NHL players, at least not for us.

Benning is stuck right now, if he fire Green, Aqualini has really no choice but to fire Benning as well.  He just signed Green just to can him 10 games into the season.  IMO it's either FA steps up and clean the house, or we'll be stuck with Green until the end of the season and then clean the house.  Either way, unless there is a miracle turn around, both are gone by April. 2022

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Always knew it would take time to come together but what is frustrating is that we seem to keep making the same mistakes, have the same problems, are not ready to play most nights and just lay down and give up for at least one period every game.  

We concede the centre in all three zones of the ice without a fight, passive on the PK and defence, struggle with the breakout and are to static on the PP.  We get pinned in our zone and don't seem to have outlets and when we do we put the puck in their feet.  Same problems last year and year before.

Now with Petey and Brock struggling we can't outscore those issues.  Add brain cramps from Myers and Miller 2-3 times a game giving up prime scoring opportunities it is tough to win especially when we always start from down a goal early.

I am starting to think a change will need to come but if the coach is going, frankly the guy choosing the coach needs to go with him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The more they win, the less likely he will be fired. Players probably know this and simply are not giving a crap.   Is Pettersson really that rusty?  Lol.  No one cares.  At this point, this should be recognized by the GM and immediately fixed.  If Jim can’t see this then he needs to go too.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1