The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PDF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2) | Golden Knights win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Singh sounded like he was fighting back tears….

I really don't get this take, and I've seen it again and again.  He's an Edmonton guy doing a broadcast in Canada.  How many Vegas fans are watching a Canadian feed?  If Vancouver made it to the playoffs and John/John were able to do that series, nobody here would mind Garrett being a Canucks homer.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nooks said:

Knights got those unreal expansion conditions…there’s a reason both expansion teams could be playing each other in the final.  We also got screwed out of Gilbert Perreault right from the get go.

Yep.

The fact that both teams are this good so soon shows the expansion draft rules were way too stacked in their favour.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

There was really no winning with this series. Unfortunately, I don’t think either Dallas or Seattle has what it takes to knock off the knights, but here’s to hoping. 

Dallas done it once before and Seattle is as deep as Vegas albeit lacking star power.

1 minute ago, Nooks said:

Knights got those unreal expansion conditions…there’s a reason both expansion teams could be playing each other in the final.  We also got screwed out of Gilbert Perreault right from the get go.

This is what bothers me. I’m ok if a franchise is competitive. But they shouldn’t be dominant.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I really don't get this take, and I've seen it again and again.  He's an Edmonton guy doing a broadcast in Canada.  How many Vegas fans are watching a Canadian feed?  If Vancouver made it to the playoffs and John/John were able to do that series, nobody here would mind Garrett being a Canucks homer.  

To me it's not even the Edmonton homerism, though he does take that pretty far. I just can't stand the way he calls a game, and find him super annoying.

Edited by greenbean30

Well, I will admit I was surprised the Oilers coudn't do it this year.

I think the missing element was Kane... he was not a factor at all... either he is hurt or he just had a horrible playoffs.

And their defense just could not consistently deal with the Vegas forecheck... they were scrambling too much.

The Golden Knights are a very good team... last year they didn't make the playoffs, but the previous four years they have been right there.

With the Oilers gone, my prediction is an Eastern team will win it all.

I don't think Vegas or either Seattle/Dallas can beat Carolina/Florida.

2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You can be a homer like Joe Bowen in Toronto. But he’s still a pro. And he tells it like it is. I don’t mind listening to him. In fact he’s better than Cuthbert IMHO.