The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, oldnews said:

Arizona effectively retained 7.2 million of cap in this deal - in addition to taking 12 million this season.

Eriksson and Roussel's contracts - which save Arizona a crap load of actual cash vs cap space obviously had a positive (in specific context) in this deal.

They probably would want Ferland's contract as well if it was insured.  Yotes are kind of like the Bolts in taking advantage of the cap rules (for different reasons).

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think trading Schmidt would be a mistake.  He's (imho) far better than what he shown last season due to the amount of tough defensive minutes he got.  

Yeah the X factor of coaching - the other side of the equation when acquiring a player

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Hes been rotting in the desert. I'll reserve judgement till I see him in a Canucks uniform. Anyone would be struggling within that tire fire of a franchise.

Honestly, outside of analytics.. how many Coyotes games have you tuned into where their not playing the Canucks?

The canucks have been a worse defensive team than the coyotes the past few years. 

1 hour ago, Tom Sestito said:

The interesting thing is I called OEL the second worst contract in the NHL a few weeks ago on this board and was happy that we missed out on that mistake. 

Then we ended up acquiring it. 

@IBatch@aGENT

I KNOW you guys weren’t fans of OEL a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't say that. I said there's and acquisition price that makes sense for the Canucks... This is pretty close to what I was thinking... I would have liked a hair more retention...Though I didn't think we'd dump as many 'bad' contracts.

He's still a decent, top 4 D. And I'd wager he rebounds after he gets out of that dumpster fire.

And Garland is a nice piece was well.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Do you think OEL is 3 years older than he is?  Do you think Arizona will reneg on their cap retention agreement in the trade? serious questions, are there many posters who can get so much wrong in a post so short?

Settle down the retention details weren't published when I posted. 

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

The canucks have been a worse defensive team than the coyotes the past few years. 

What does that have to do with what I asked you? :lol:

I asked if you have even seen OEL play outside of watching Coyotes/Canucks games?