The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECQR: (8) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (9) Columbus Blue Jackets | Blue Jackets win series 3-2

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 3
    • Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 3
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I really hope the leafs dont win the lottery, its exactly what they need. getting laffy allows them to trade 1 of their high priced forwards for help on d and replaces the lost production on an elc contract.

Who would want or even be willing to take on those massive contracts?

Thats their core and they’re stuck with them.

47 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I didn’t even realize I made a prediction.   I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!

Maybe that’s just  the whisky :frantic:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I think they could find a taker for Nylander

7 million for a 60 point player in a cap crunch isn’t a great deal.

Especially one that has inflated stats playing with good regular season players.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Nylander is paid 7m for what? Like why would they not trade him for the desperately needed dman they needed instead of paying him that ridiculous amount.

Should have traded him when they had the chance but Dubas stubbornly claimed he could keep all their big players.

Perfect example of how not to build a team.

Nylander is paid 7m for what? Like why would they not trade him for the desperately needed dman they needed instead of paying him that ridiculous amount.

The correct move when that spoiled brat did his holdout would be to either trade him for something useful or let him rot in Sweden until a deal became available.  Instead, they signed him to a contract so bad it makes LE look like a bargain.

1 minute ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

no he really isn't but I feel like there are teams that will see him as an upgrade for their top 6 and would be willing to trade for him'

But are they willing to give up at top pairing Dman for him? After the last 2 playoffs, I can’t see anyone taking that chance unless they have 4 high paid legit Dmen. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

7 million for a 60 point player in a cap crunch isn’t a great deal.

Especially one that has inflated stats playing with good regular season players.

its not a great deal but it wouldn't be the first time someone took a chance on a young player with his numbers thinking he could do better when given top line and first unit PP time.

That's just it. He isn't worth that amount so what trade value does he really have? Almost need to take whatever and then take the seven million to sign a UFA dman. But that's a lot of ifs and maybes.

• Cheers 1

Just now, rekker said:

That's just it. He isn't worth that amount so what trade value does he really have? Almost need to take whatever and then take the seven million to sign a UFA dman. But that's a lot of ifs and maybes.

I am talking about before he was signed he should have been traded when he had value. Now they are lucky to get anything of substance for him.

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

But are they willing to give up at top pairing Dman for him? After the last 2 playoffs, I can’t see anyone taking that chance unless they have 4 high paid legit Dmen. 

doesnt really have to be a top pairing dman, could be a top 4 and with some potential cap savings that would be a win for the leafs

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Do the Laffs even have a 1st round pick in the next 5 years to package with this floater?

• Haha 2

All this TO trade talk. A reminder. Dubas traded their best trade chip in Kadri for one year of Barrie and a not to tough to find player in Kerfoot. Kadri as a second line center on a cheap contract had real good value. Of course though, all the TO media lemmings applauded the trade. 

• Cheers 3