The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

9 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

thats like saying dog poop has high potential, because one day it might be dirt

Edit: Sorry you may have answered my question, but I just thought you were attacking me. Sorry my applogies.

Edited by ruilin96

2 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

And what exactly is AG's trade value?  If the guy has been available for what seems like awhile, doesnt seem like other teams were exactly clamoring to acquire the guy

Probably not high. I would surmise higher than Highmore's though.

1 minute ago, ey40 said:

I just hate people bringing up Motte when talking about this trade and trying to be positive. 

Does anyone forget Jared McCann? I wonder how he is doing in Pittsburgh?

It's a relevant point about Motte.

And if it's true that McCann had entitlement personality issues perhaps being traded a couple of times was some of the adversity he needed.  

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Quinn12 said:

Might as well of traded him to Boston ... Neely 2.0 here in the making 

why would u trade the Hobey Baker hockey Gaud ?! 

ESP when it is for nothing?! Omg Benning I was mad about TP signing now I’m done with u Jimbo

Hobey baker winner is all he was and that doesn’t mean anything. 

Just now, Quinn12 said:

Might as well of traded him to Boston ... Neely 2.0 here in the making 

why would u trade the Hobey Baker hockey Gaud ?! 

ESP when it is for nothing?! Omg Benning I was mad about TP signing now I’m done with u Jimbo

bye bye!!! Gaudette was doing nothing for us , people need to stop thinking he was worth more

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Which is fine but not for this return. Are you happy with this return? I just can’t see anyway Vancouver wins this trade so why make it. Usually trades are made because you’re getting a comparable player back.

ok, well i guess youd rather lose something for nothing, no one wanted gaudette

I was mad at this trade, but I've cooled down.. AG wasn't having a good year, I always thought he played hard and had tons of potential, but maybe the team saw something more worrying in his slump?

Maybe Highmore was needed to expose? Maybe he's better than he looks on paper...

I don't know, but I don’t think its worth the vitriol for some bottom guys. I think what bugs everyone the most is he wasn't one of the inflated veteran contracts we WANTED to see go.

I'm more mad at giving Pearson above market value, as well as expansion protection for no ##($ing reason 

20 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Or taking a wait in see approach when it comes to young players acquired. 

We waited to see what we developing with gaudette now wait and see what we have with a smaller player that struggles to perform at even the AHL level. 

Jim just threw away another developing young player for absolutely nothing.

jim and his loyal apologist have been making excuses for his incompetence for 7 seasons

Justifying his stupidity but devaluing the players and picks leaving while pumping the garbage he gets in return.

• Haha 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

what did Gaudettes wife say about flaunting restrictions ? is there a video clip, I tried to search for it to no avail

I watched it.   It wasn't as brutal as some made it out to be but she was obviously unhappy about the restrictions and said "my favourite part of the day is grocery shopping " which to me anyways is insane given why can't you go once a week or every two weeks anyways to get your groceries.   And they can afford to order in every single day.    So yes she didn't come out smelling like roses on that one. 

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

what did Gaudettes wife say about flaunting restrictions ? is there a video clip, I tried to search for it to no avail

not restrictions. Precautions. But in this age, you should be mindful of precautions anyway, rather than openly dismiss them.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Curiously my brother and i discussed if we felt AG would ever make in the league not that long ago and both had serious doubts.   He was given a year to prove himself (and said he was going to do everything he could to do that when he signed)  and hasn't done much other then one very good shift (and didn't score) and a few brief moments that's it.   Truth is our bottom six is killing us this year, we missed the goals from AG and JV this year, could have meant a big difference in the standings ....the only guys that did anything are Motte and Sutter.    Don't mind at all if this is about cleaning house to make room for new players.   Which i believe it is.   Nothing to cry about that's for sure. 

The key with AG for me is if he projects as a center or winger. If he truly projects as a winger, he's a dime a dozen player.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Or it's just about making a roster spot. 

But why now is my question. With our crammed schedule to finish off the year there will be some fluctuating minutes and maybe resting top 6 guys every other game. He would have had more opportunity and maybe even top 6 minutes for a handful of games to finish out the year and showcase for a better return in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, ey40 said:

I just hate people bringing up Motte when talking about this trade and trying to be positive. 

Does anyone forget Jared McCann? I wonder how he is doing in Pittsburgh?

Very sorry for trying to be positive. WTF were we thinking doing that on a Canucks board?

• Haha 1